Apache Superset is a data exploration platform designed to be visual, intuitive
[this project used to be named Caravel and Panoramix]
Apache Superset alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Data Visualization" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Apache Superset or a related project?
<!-- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. -->
Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application
Screenshots & Gifs
Slice & dice your data
Query and visualize your data with SQL Lab
Visualize geospatial data with deck.gl
Choose from a wide array of visualizations
Apache Superset is a data exploration and visualization web application.
- An intuitive interface to explore and visualize datasets, and create interactive dashboards.
- A wide array of beautiful visualizations to showcase your data.
- Easy, code-free, user flows to drill down and slice and dice the data underlying exposed dashboards. The dashboards and charts acts as a starting point for deeper analysis.
- A state of the art SQL editor/IDE exposing a rich metadata browser, and an easy workflow to create visualizations out of any result set.
- An extensible, high granularity security model allowing intricate rules on who can access which product features and datasets. Integration with major authentication backends (database, OpenID, LDAP, OAuth, REMOTE_USER, ...)
- A lightweight semantic layer, allowing to control how data sources are exposed to the user by defining dimensions and metrics
- Out of the box support for most SQL-speaking databases
- Deep integration with Druid allows for Superset to stay blazing fast while slicing and dicing large, realtime datasets
- Fast loading dashboards with configurable caching
Superset speaks many SQL dialects through SQLAlchemy, a Python ORM that is compatible with most common databases.
A list of currently supported SQL databases can be found here.
Apache Druid (Incubating)!
On top of having the ability to query your relational databases, Superset ships with deep integration with Druid (a real time distributed column-store). When querying Druid, Superset can query humongous amounts of data on top of real time dataset. Note that Superset does not require Druid in any way to function, it's simply another database backend that it can query.
Here's a description of Druid from the http://druid.io website:
Druid is an open-source analytics data store designed for business intelligence (OLAP) queries on event data. Druid provides low latency (real-time) data ingestion, flexible data exploration, and fast data aggregation. Existing Druid deployments have scaled to trillions of events and petabytes of data. Druid is best used to power analytic dashboards and applications.
Installation & Configuration
- Mailing list
- Docker image (community contributed)
- Slides from Strata (March 2016)
- Stackoverflow tag
- Join our Slack
- DEPRECATED Google Group
Interested in contributing? Casual hacking? Check out Contributing.MD
Who uses Apache Superset (incubating)?
Here's a list of organizations who have taken the time to send a PR to let the world know they are using Superset. Join our growing community!
- Aktia Bank plc
- American Express
- Apollo GraphQL
- Ascendica Development
- Capital Service S.A.
- Dial Once
- Digit Game Studios
- FBK - ICT center
- GFG - Global Fashion Group
- GfK Data Lab
- Living Goods
- Maieutical Labs
- Myra Labs
- Peak AI
- Popoko VM Games Studio
- Preset, Inc.
- Pronto Tools
- QPID Health
- Reward Gateway
- THE ICONIC
- TME QQMUSIC/WESING
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Apache Superset README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.