Prior to Redash, we tried to use traditional BI suites and discovered a set of bloated, technically challenged and slow tools/flows. What we were looking for was a more hacker'ish way to look at data, so we built one.
redash alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Data Visualization" category.
Alternatively, view Redash alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Apache Superset9.8 9.9 L2 redash VS Apache SupersetApache Superset is a Data Visualization and Data Exploration Platform [Moved to: https://github.com/apache/superset]
diagrams9.7 9.0 redash VS diagrams:art: Diagram as Code for prototyping cloud system architectures
matplotlib9.6 9.9 L3 redash VS matplotlibmatplotlib: plotting with Python
bokeh9.5 9.7 L4 redash VS bokehInteractive Data Visualization in the browser, from Python
plotly9.4 9.6 L2 redash VS plotlyThe interactive graphing library for Python :sparkles: This project now includes Plotly Express!
seaborn9.2 9.4 L2 redash VS seabornStatistical data visualization in Python
folium8.8 0.0 redash VS foliumPython Data. Leaflet.js Maps.
Altair8.7 9.6 redash VS AltairDeclarative statistical visualization library for Python
PyQtGraph7.9 9.4 L2 redash VS PyQtGraphFast data visualization and GUI tools for scientific / engineering applications
ggplot7.7 0.0 L4 redash VS ggplotggplot port for python
bqplot7.5 6.9 redash VS bqplotPlotting library for IPython/Jupyter notebooks
VisPy7.4 9.4 L3 redash VS VisPyMain repository for Vispy
Flask JSONDash7.2 2.1 redash VS Flask JSONDash:snake: :bar_chart: :chart_with_upwards_trend: Build complex dashboards without any front-end code. Use your own endpoints. JSON config only. Ready to go.
plotnine7.1 5.3 redash VS plotnineA grammar of graphics for Python
pygal6.9 0.0 L2 redash VS pygalPYthon svg GrAph plotting Library
vincent6.7 0.0 L4 redash VS vincentA Python to Vega translator.
SnakeViz5.9 6.8 L4 redash VS SnakeVizAn in-browser Python profile viewer
Cartopy5.7 9.0 redash VS CartopyCartopy - a cartographic python library with matplotlib support
Graphviz5.4 7.6 redash VS GraphvizSimple Python interface for Graphviz
pygraphviz4.5 7.7 L3 redash VS pygraphvizPython interface to Graphviz graph drawing package
pydot4.4 0.0 redash VS pydotPython interface to Graphviz's Dot language
tuna4.3 4.6 redash VS tuna:fish: Python profile viewer
ipyvizzu4.2 8.4 redash VS ipyvizzuBuild animated charts in Jupyter Notebook and similar environments with a simple Python syntax.
gif3.5 0.0 redash VS gifThe matplotlib Animation Extension
GR3.0 7.7 redash VS GRGR framework: a graphics library for visualisation applications
GooPyCharts2.5 0.0 L4 redash VS GooPyChartsA Google Charts API for Python, meant to be used as an alternative to matplotlib.
SVGIS1.5 2.1 L4 redash VS SVGISDraw SVG maps with geodata
chart1.3 0.0 redash VS chartCharts with pure python
TestGPT | Generating meaningful tests for busy devs
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of redash or a related project?
Redash is designed to enable anyone, regardless of the level of technical sophistication, to harness the power of data big and small. SQL users leverage Redash to explore, query, visualize, and share data from any data sources. Their work in turn enables anybody in their organization to use the data. Every day, millions of users at thousands of organizations around the world use Redash to develop insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Browser-based: Everything in your browser, with a shareable URL.
- Ease-of-use: Become immediately productive with data without the need to master complex software.
- Query editor: Quickly compose SQL and NoSQL queries with a schema browser and auto-complete.
- Visualization and dashboards: Create beautiful visualizations with drag and drop, and combine them into a single dashboard.
- Sharing: Collaborate easily by sharing visualizations and their associated queries, enabling peer review of reports and queries.
- Schedule refreshes: Automatically update your charts and dashboards at regular intervals you define.
- Alerts: Define conditions and be alerted instantly when your data changes.
- REST API: Everything that can be done in the UI is also available through REST API.
- Broad support for data sources: Extensible data source API with native support for a long list of common databases and platforms.
- Setting up Redash instance (includes links to ready-made AWS/GCE images).
Supported Data Sources
Redash supports more than 35 SQL and NoSQL data sources. It can also be extended to support more. Below is a list of built-in sources:
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon CloudWatch / Insights
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Redshift
- Axibase Time Series Database
- Apache Cassandra
- DB2 by IBM
- Apache Drill
- Apache Druid
- Eccenca Corporate Memory
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Analytics
- Google BigQuery
- Google Spreadsheets
- Apache Hive
- Apache Impala
- IBM Netezza Performance Server
- JIRA (JQL)
- Apache Kylin
- OmniSciDB (Formerly MapD)
- Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse / Synapse
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure Data Explorer / Kusto
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Apache Phoenix
- Apache Pinot
- Shell Scripts
- Yandex AppMetrrica
- Yandex Metrica
- Issues: https://github.com/getredash/redash/issues
- Discussion Forum: https://discuss.redash.io/
Reporting Bugs and Contributing Code
- Want to report a bug or request a feature? Please open an issue.
- Want to help us build Redash? Fork the project, edit in a dev environment and make a pull request. We need all the help we can get!
Please email [email protected] to report any security vulnerabilities. We will acknowledge receipt of your vulnerability and strive to send you regular updates about our progress. If you're curious about the status of your disclosure please feel free to email us again. If you want to encrypt your disclosure email, you can use this PGP key.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the redash README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.