- ➕ Add :code:
valuation_measuresas a property to the :code:
Tickerclass. Additionally, for Yahoo Finance premium subscribers, they can access the :code:
p_valuation_measuresand supply either :code:
q, or :code:
m(annual, quarterly, monthly). The data returned with these can be seen in the
Statisticstab through the Yahoo Finance front-end.
.. image:: demo/valuation_measures.PNG
- ➕ Add :code:
- 🛠 Fix bug in retrieving cash flow / income statement data. Most recent month was combining with TTM. A new column was created in the dataframe called 'periodType'. Annual data will be shown as '12M', quarterly data will be shown as '3M', and trailing 12 month data will be shown as 'TTM'.
- Fix timestamp conversion in the _format_data method of the _YahooFinance class
- 🆕 New Research class that allows a user with a premium subscription to retrieve research reports and trade ideas from Yahoo Finance. List of trade ideas through Yahoo Finance can be seen at: https://finance.yahoo.com/research/trade-ideas. Research reports can be seen at https://finance.yahoo.com/research.
- 🆕 New Screener class that allows a user to retrieve predefined Yahoo Finance lists. Some of these lists include most active, day gainers, day losers, cryptocurrencies, and sectors / industries
- Have Ticker class inherit from a base class, defined in base.py as _YahooFinance. The base class contains the order of operations to retrieve data (construct parameters, construct URLs, validate response, and format the data).
Yahoo login functionality, which allows a user to retrieve Premium data if they are a subscriber
- All available financials data (income_statement, balance_sheet, cash_flow)
- Company 360 (innovation score, significant developments, supply chain, hiring statistics, and company outlook)
- Premium portal (research reports, trade ideas, technical events, value analyzer, and company snapshots)
- Technical events
- Value analyzer (High-level value analysis)
- Value analyzer Drilldown (Detailed information about a symbol(s) value)
- Research reports
- Trade ideas
🆕 New (free) data!
Change several properties and methods (get_endpoints -> get_modules, all_endpoints -> all_modules)
- 🛠 Fix bug related to symbols that have characters that need to be url encoded ()
- 👍 Allow for user to use a string as a list of symbols to pass to Ticker class.
For example, previous version would require user to pass
['fb', 'msft', 'goog']to retrieve those three symbols. Now, the user can pass
'fb msft goog'or
- 👍 Allow user to pass string, as well as list, to
get_endpointsmethod. For example,
['assetProfile', 'balanceSheetHistory']is equivalent to
- 👍 Allow for user to use a string as a list of symbols to pass to Ticker class. For example, previous version would require user to pass
- Fill NA values from history dataframe. Event data (dividends and splits) will be filled with zeros. Other columns (high, low, open, close, volume, adjclose) will be filled with prior day's data.
- Fill NA values from options dataframe. Missing values are replaced with zero
- Entire library makes asynchronous requests (missing piece was the option_chain method).