Spyder v5.1.2 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-09-02 // about 2 months ago
🆕 New features
- ➕ Add an entry called
Restart in debug modeto the File menu. That will allow users to inspect the log files generated by Spyder by going to the menu
Tools > Debug logsafter the restart.
- ➕ Add a new command line option called
--conf-dirto set a custom configuration directory for Spyder.
- 0️⃣ Show hidden directories in Projects by default.
🆕 New API features
- 👉 Use toolbar ids and widget/action ids when adding an item to a toolbar.
- 🔌 Use menu and item ids to add items to the Main Menu plugin.
🛠 Important fixes
- 🛠 Fix several performance issues in the Editor.
- 🛠 Fix slow browsing of variables in the Variable Explorer when Numpy and Pandas are not installed.
- Discard symbols imported from other libraries in the Outline pane.
- Issue 16316 - TypeError: runfile() got an unexpected keyword argument 'current_namespace' when trying to debug (PR 16323 by @ccordoba12)
- 🍎 Issue 16292 - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'platformdirs.macos' on macOS App (PR 16293 by @mrclary)
- Issue 16287 - Error when clicking Tools menu (PR 16303 by @ccordoba12)
- 📚 Issue 16269 - Multiple IPython documentation help menus (PR 16284 by @ccordoba12)
- Issue 16248 - Maximum character line slightly wrong (PR 16277 by @rhkarls)
- Issue 16247 - Variable explorer is very slow (PR 16276 by @ccordoba12)
- Issue 16236 - New Splash Screen misbehaves on dark backgrounds (PR 16233 by @isabela-pf)
- Issue 16185 - Mac OS - Execute in external system terminal not working (PR 16200 by @mrclary)
- Issue 16180 - "Format file or selection with Autopep8" cause the code to be misplaced (PR 16223 by @ccordoba12)
- Issue 16159 - 5.1.1 : omitted indentation when pasting with the editor (PR 16164 by @impact27)
- Issue 15631 - Slow response when editing files (after some time) (PR 16206 by @ccordoba12)
- 💻 Issue 15551 - Feature Request: Specify a config directory on the command line (PR 16179 by @ccordoba12)
- ⚠ Issue 14479 - Disabling monitor scale change warning when using two screens (PR 16317 by @ccordoba12)
- Issue 14268 - Highlight instances not shown when scrolling (PR 16260 by @ccordoba12)
🚀 In this release 14 issues were closed.
🔀 Pull Requests Merged
- PR 16331 - PR: Fix performing app restart when LSP goes down, by @ccordoba12
- ⚡️ PR 16330 - PR: Update dependencies for 5.1.2, by @ccordoba12
- PR 16323 - PR: Fix error in runfile/debugfile with IPykernel 6.3.0, by @ccordoba12 (16316)
- PR 16317 - PR: Allow to not show again message about DPI screen changes, by @ccordoba12 (14479)
- PR 16311 - PR: Avoid overwrite of existing project type, by @steff456
- PR 16303 - PR: Fix error when rendering the Tools menu and Kite is not available, by @ccordoba12 (16287)
- 🍎 PR 16293 - PR: Include platformdirs.macos in macOS app, by @mrclary (16292)
- PR 16284 - PR: Prevent IPython console actions to be added multiple times to main menus, by @ccordoba12 (16269)
- PR 16277 - PR: Shift maximum character edge line to match editor characters, by @rhkarls (16248)
- PR 16276 - PR: Prevent slowdowns in the Variable Explorer when Numpy and Pandas are not installed, by @ccordoba12 (16247)
- PR 16264 - PR: Center cursor when searching for text (Editor), by @ccordoba12
- ⚡️ PR 16263 - PR: Avoid freezes when updating symbols and folding, by @ccordoba12
- 🔌 PR 16261 - PR: Create main_widget module for the Outline plugin, by @ccordoba12
- ⚡️ PR 16260 - PR: Update decorations whether there are or not underline errors, by @ccordoba12 (14268)
- PR 16255 - PR: Improve skipping imported symbols (Outline), by @ccordoba12
- PR 16241 - PR: Fix splash screen when restarting Spyder, by @ccordoba12
- PR 16240 - PR: Use toolbar ids and widget/action ids when adding an item to a toolbar, by @andfoy
- 🏁 PR 16233 - PR: Improve splash screen blurriness and add high resolution Windows ico file, by @isabela-pf (16236)
- PR 16223 - PR: Use toPlainText to get the file's text when applying formatting (Editor), by @ccordoba12 (16180)
- PR 16214 - PR: Solve pasting of one line + newline into the editor, by @sphh
- ⚡️ PR 16213 - PR: Update translations from Crowdin, by @spyder-bot
- PR 16210 - PR: Change entry name for file completions to 'file' (Editor), by @ccordoba12
- PR 16206 - PR: Clear code_analysis_underline extra selections before painting new ones (Editor), by @ccordoba12 (15631)
- 🔌 PR 16205 - PR: Use menu and item identifiers to add items to the main menu plugin, by @andfoy
- 🍎 PR 16200 - PR: Add PYTHONHOME to shell environment when executing in external terminal from macOS app, by @mrclary (16185)
- ⚡️ PR 16195 - PR: Simplify updating enabled state of code analysis actions (Editor), by @ccordoba12
- PR 16184 - PR: Fix double clicks when single-click mode is active, by @ccordoba12
- PR 16182 - PR: Some improvements to Projects, by @ccordoba12
- 🔧 PR 16179 - PR: Allow to set a custom configuration directory through the command line, by @ccordoba12 (15551)
- 🐧 PR 16176 - PR: Skip a flaky test on Linux and mark others as flaky, by @ccordoba12
- ✅ PR 16173 - PR: Improve running time of slow tests, by @ccordoba12
- ✅ PR 16170 - PR: Add tests for external plugins using spyder-boilerplate, by @ccordoba12
- 🚚 PR 16167 - PR: Remove code related to the old way of detecting internal plugins, by @ccordoba12
- PR 16164 - PR: Fix pasting code in the Editor, by @impact27 (16159)
- PR 16162 - PR: Really fix pasting with tabs, by @ccordoba12
- PR 16151 - PR: Use running_in_ci instead of checking for the 'CI' env var directly, by @ccordoba12
- 🌲 PR 15629 - PR: Improve how to start Spyder in debug mode and show log in Tools menu, by @mrclary
🚀 In this release 37 pull requests were closed.
- ➕ Add an entry called