redash v8.0.0-beta Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-08-18 // over 2 years ago
🚀 After months of being heads down with hard work, it's finally time to wrap up the V8 release 🤩 This release includes many long awaited improvements to parameters, UX improvements, further React migration and other changes, fixes and improvements.
While this version is already running on the hosted platform to make sure it's stable, we're excited to put this in the hands of our Open Source users.
🚀 Starting from this release we will no longer build a tarball distribution of the codebase and recommend everyone to switch over to using our Docker images. We're planning on dropping Python 2 support towards its EOL this year and switching over to the Docker image will make this transition much simpler.
🚀 This release was made possible by contributions from over 40 people: @aidarbek, @AntonZarutsky, @ariarijp, @arikfr, @combineads, @deecay, @fmy, @gabrieldutra, @guwenqing, @guyco33, @ialeinikov, @Jakdaw, @jezdez, @justinclift, @k-tomoyasu, @katty0324, @koooge, @kravets-levko, @ktmud, @KumanoTanaka, @kyoshidajp, @nason, @oldPadavan, @openjck, @osule, @otsaloma, @ranbena, @rauchy, @rueian, @sekiyama58, @shinsuke-nara, @taminif, @The-Alchemist, @vv-p, @washort, @wudi-ayuan, @ygrishaev, @yoavbls, @yoshiken, @yusukegoto and the support of over 500 organizations who subscribed to our hosted version and by that sponsor the team's work.
- 💻 Parameter UI improvements:
- Support for multi-select in dropdown (and query dropdown) parameters.
- Support for dynamic values in date and date-range parameters.
- Search dropdown parameter values.
- New UX for applying parameter changes in queries and dashboards.
- 👍 Allow using Safe Parameters in visualization embeds and public dashboards. Safe Parameters are any parameter type except for the a text parameter (dropdowns are safe).
- 🆕 New Data Sources: Couchbase, Phoenix and Dgraph.
- 🆕 New JSON data source (and deprecated old URL data source).
- ⚡️ Snowflake: update connector to latest version.
- PostgreSQL: show only accessible tables in schema.
- Correctly handle NaN values.
- Treat repeated fields as rrays.
- [BigQuery] Fix: in some queries there is no mode field
- Support for Unicode in queries.
- Safe loading of schema.
- 👍 Rockset: better handling of query errors.
- Google Sheets:
- Support for Team Drive.
- Friendlier error message in case of an API error and more reliable test connection.
- Support for calling Stored Procedures and better handling of query cancellation.
- Switch to using
mysqlclient(a maintained fork of
- 👍 MongoDB: Support serializing Decimal128 values.
- 👍 Presto: support for passwords in connection settings.
- Amazon Athena: allow to specify custom work group.
- Query Results: querying a column with a dictionary or array fails
- Clickhouse: make sure we don't show password in error messages.
- 0️⃣ Enable Cassandra support by default.
- Fix: legend overlapping chart on small screens.
- Fix: Pie chart not rendering when series doesn't exist in options.
- Pie Chart: add option to set direction of slices.
- 👍 WordCloud: rewritten to support new options (provide frequency in query, limits), scale when resizing, handle long words and more.
- 👍 Pivot Table: support hiding totals.
- Counters: apply formatting to target value.
- Ability to customize marker icon and color.
- Customization options for Choropleth maps.
- 🆕 New Visualization: Details View.
- Replace blank screen with a loading indicator when the application is doing its first load.
- 👍 Multiple improvements to dashboards editing: auto-save, grid markings and better refresh indicator.
- Admin can now edit user's groups from the user page.
- ➕ Add keyboard shortcut (Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+F) to trigger query formatting.
- Query Result API response minimized to only required fields when called with a non user API key.
- Prefer API key over cookies in authentication.
- 👉 User can now regenerate Query API Key.
- 🔒 Sends CSP headers to prevent various kinds of security attacks via the browser. Might break unusual usages and embeds of Redash.
- 🆕 New Failed Scheduled Queries email report (can be enabled from organization settings screen).
- 🗄 Deprecated HipChat Alert Destination.
- ➕ Add options to hide different parts of a Visualization embed UI (parameters, title, link to query).
- 👌 Support multi-byte search for query names and descriptions (needs to be enabled in Organization settings screen).
- CSV query results download: correctly serialize booleans and date values.
- Dashboard filters now collect values from all widgets with the same filter.
- 👌 Support for custom message and description in alert notifications (currently disabled behind a feature flag until we improve the alert UX).
🐛 Bug Fixes
- 🛠 Fix: adding widget to dashboard from a query page is broken.
- 🛠 Fix: default time format option was wrong.
- 🛠 Fix: when too many errors of a scheduled queries occur it causes an OverflowError.
- 🛠 Fix: when forking a query maintain the same visualizations order.
- 💻 Parameter UI improvements: