🐳 Docker Tag:
🚀 See CHANGELOG for the full release notes.
🚀 This is an update to the previous beta release, which includes:
- ➕ Add options for users to share anonymous usage information with us (see docs for details).
- Allow the user to decide how to handle null values in charts.
- ⬆️ Upgrade Sentry-SDK to latest version.
- 👉 Make horizontal table scroll visible in dashboard widgets without scrolling.
- Data Sources:
- Add support for Azure Data Explorer (Kusto).
- MySQL: fix connections without SSL configuration failing.
- Amazon Redshift: option to set query group for adhoc/scheduled queries.
- Hive: make error message more friendly.
- Qubole: add support to run Quantum queries.
- Display data source icon in query editor.
- 🛠 Fix: allow users with view only acces to use the queries in Query Results
- ⚡️ Dashboard: when updating parameters refersh only widgets that use those parameters.
🚀 This release had contributions from 12 people: @arikfr, @cclauss, @gabrieldutra, @justinclift, @kravets-levko, @ranbena, @rauchy, @sandeepV2, @shinsuke-nara, @spacentropy, @sphenlee, @swfz.
🚀 After months of being heads down with hard work, it's finally time to wrap up the V8 release 🤩 This release includes many long awaited improvements to parameters, UX improvements, further React migration and other changes, fixes and improvements.
While this version is already running on the hosted platform to make sure it's stable, we're excited to put this in the hands of our Open Source users.
🚀 Starting from this release we will no longer build a tarball distribution of the codebase and recommend everyone to switch over to using our Docker images. We're planning on dropping Python 2 support towards its EOL this year and switching over to the Docker image will make this transition much simpler.
🚀 This release was made possible by contributions from over 40 people: @aidarbek, @AntonZarutsky, @ariarijp, @arikfr, @combineads, @deecay, @fmy, @gabrieldutra, @guwenqing, @guyco33, @ialeinikov, @Jakdaw, @jezdez, @justinclift, @k-tomoyasu, @katty0324, @koooge, @kravets-levko, @ktmud, @KumanoTanaka, @kyoshidajp, @nason, @oldPadavan, @openjck, @osule, @otsaloma, @ranbena, @rauchy, @rueian, @sekiyama58, @shinsuke-nara, @taminif, @The-Alchemist, @vv-p, @washort, @wudi-ayuan, @ygrishaev, @yoavbls, @yoshiken, @yusukegoto and the support of over 500 organizations who subscribed to our hosted version and by that sponsor the team's work.
- 💻 Parameter UI improvements:
- Support for multi-select in dropdown (and query dropdown) parameters.
- Support for dynamic values in date and date-range parameters.
- Search dropdown parameter values.
- New UX for applying parameter changes in queries and dashboards.
- 👍 Allow using Safe Parameters in visualization embeds and public dashboards. Safe Parameters are any parameter type except for the a text parameter (dropdowns are safe).
- 🆕 New Data Sources: Couchbase, Phoenix and Dgraph.
- 🆕 New JSON data source (and deprecated old URL data source).
- ⚡️ Snowflake: update connector to latest version.
- PostgreSQL: show only accessible tables in schema.
- Correctly handle NaN values.
- Treat repeated fields as rrays.
- [BigQuery] Fix: in some queries there is no mode field
- Support for Unicode in queries.
- Safe loading of schema.
- 👍 Rockset: better handling of query errors.
- Google Sheets:
- Support for Team Drive.
- Friendlier error message in case of an API error and more reliable test connection.
- Support for calling Stored Procedures and better handling of query cancellation.
- Switch to using
mysqlclient(a maintained fork of
- 👍 MongoDB: Support serializing Decimal128 values.
- 👍 Presto: support for passwords in connection settings.
- Amazon Athena: allow to specify custom work group.
- Query Results: querying a column with a dictionary or array fails
- Clickhouse: make sure we don't show password in error messages.
- 0️⃣ Enable Cassandra support by default.
- Fix: legend overlapping chart on small screens.
- Fix: Pie chart not rendering when series doesn't exist in options.
- Pie Chart: add option to set direction of slices.
- 👍 WordCloud: rewritten to support new options (provide frequency in query, limits), scale when resizing, handle long words and more.
- 👍 Pivot Table: support hiding totals.
- Counters: apply formatting to target value.
- Ability to customize marker icon and color.
- Customization options for Choropleth maps.
- 🆕 New Visualization: Details View.
- Replace blank screen with a loading indicator when the application is doing its first load.
- 👍 Multiple improvements to dashboards editing: auto-save, grid markings and better refresh indicator.
- Admin can now edit user's groups from the user page.
- ➕ Add keyboard shortcut (Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+F) to trigger query formatting.
- Query Result API response minimized to only required fields when called with a non user API key.
- Prefer API key over cookies in authentication.
- 👉 User can now regenerate Query API Key.
- 🔒 Sends CSP headers to prevent various kinds of security attacks via the browser. Might break unusual usages and embeds of Redash.
- 🆕 New Failed Scheduled Queries email report (can be enabled from organization settings screen).
- 🗄 Deprecated HipChat Alert Destination.
- ➕ Add options to hide different parts of a Visualization embed UI (parameters, title, link to query).
- 👌 Support multi-byte search for query names and descriptions (needs to be enabled in Organization settings screen).
- CSV query results download: correctly serialize booleans and date values.
- Dashboard filters now collect values from all widgets with the same filter.
- 👌 Support for custom message and description in alert notifications (currently disabled behind a feature flag until we improve the alert UX).
🐛 Bug Fixes
- 🛠 Fix: adding widget to dashboard from a query page is broken.
- 🛠 Fix: default time format option was wrong.
- 🛠 Fix: when too many errors of a scheduled queries occur it causes an OverflowError.
- 🛠 Fix: when forking a query maintain the same visualizations order.
- 💻 Parameter UI improvements:
🚀 We're trying a new format for the CHANGELOG in this release. Focusing on the bigger changes, but for whoever interested, you can see all the changes here.
👀 Besides all the features, bug fixes and improvements listed below we managed to convert a large portion of Redash's frontend code from Angular.js to React. You can see status in #3071.
🚀 This release was made possible with the help of 34 contributors. 🙇♂️
- All data source options are now encrypted in the database. By default the encryption uses the
redash.settings.COOKIE_SECRET), but you can specify a different value by setting the
REDASH_SECRET_KEYenvironment variable value. Note that you need to set this before doing the upgrade.
- 🆕 New Data Sources: Uptycs and Apache Drill.
- 0️⃣ Snowplow: is now enabled by default & supports region setting.
- 👍 Elasticsearch: add support for Amazon Elasticsearch IAM authentication (with IAM profile or key/secret pair).
- 👍 PostgreSQL: add support for serializing range values.
- 🚚 Redshift: remove duplicate column information for late-binding views.
- Athena: load all databases (using pagination).
- BigQuery: correctly handle temp tables with no schema field.
- 👍 Jira (JQL): support for fetching all records with pagination.
- 👍 Prometheus: fix schema loading and add support for query range.
You can now open the Knowledge Base inside the application. We also added a few "help triggers" in the app, that will open the Knowledge Base in context of what you're currently doing.
- Dashboard Parameters: We improved the flow of adding queries with parameters to dashboards and now give you full control over how parameters are mapped. You no longer have to make sure all parameters have the same name or use the
Globalcheckbox. We also added new options, like keeping the parameter local to the widget or setting a static value. Read more in our Knowledge Base →
- We added server side validation of parameter values for all parameter types, except for parameters of
texttype. All validated parameter types are considered safe. When a query is using safe parameters (or no parameters at all), View Only users can refresh it.
- Refreshing safe queries is done using the new results API endpoint, which takes only a query ID (and optionally parameter values) and does not need the query text.
Query Editor Improvements
- ✅ Run only the highlighted query text: hit Execute after highlighting a portion of your query and only the selected portion will be sent to the database. This is useful for testing sub-SELECT statements and CTE's.
- 👌 Improved auto complete: add a dot . after a table name in the query editor and auto complete will only suggest columns on that table.
- 🔧 Autosave parameter configuration changes.
- 👍 YAML syntax support (for data sources like Yandex Metrica).
👌 Improved Query Scheduler
⏱ The Query Scheduler got a face lift and some new options: you can pick a day for a weekly schedule to run on and also set an end date after which the query will no longer execute on schedule.
🛠 We added Apache Drill, Uptycs and a new JSON data source. Also fixed a few bugs in Athena's query runner and others.
👉 User Management
The users page got revamped with a new look and feel and few new features:
- An indication when a user was last active.
- 👉 Show if an invited user hasn't finished the setup process yet (Pending Invitations section).
- You can now generate a new API key for users, if there's a concern it was compromised.
- 🆕 New Celery queues status screens, replacing the old Queries Status and better reflecting the status of running queries.
- 🔧 Make the queue name for schema refresh job configurable. The default used to be hard coded
schemas, which is not available on all setups. Now it's
- 0️⃣ The
geventlibrary is installed by default, and you can now setup gunicorn to use
- 🆕 New Docker entrypoint command to do a health check for a worker process.
- 👍 Flask-Admin is no longer setup or supported.
- 🆕 New Alert destination: Google Hangouts Chat.
- When downloading results from the results API it will set a user friendly filename for the downloaded file.
- Archived Queries section added to the queries list.
🐛 Bug Fixes
- 🛠 Fixed: fork query does not fork tables but instead adds default table.
- 🛠 Fixed: when deleting a visualization, any widget using it was left empty on the dashboard.
- 🛠 Fixed: issues with Query Editor resizing on new versions of Chrome.
- 🛠 Fixed: issues with exporting dictionaries to Excel.
- 🛠 Fixed: Cohort visualization gets stuck when passing string values.
- 🛠 Fixed: use series name for Pie chart label.
- 👷 Make sure Flask app created in Celery's worker process (could cause some query runners to get stuck while running queries).
- All data source options are now encrypted in the database. By default the encryption uses the
⬆️ Before upgrading to v6.0.0 make sure to clear out the Celery queue (unless upgrade from v6.0.0-beta).
🚀 This is the final release of v6.0.0. See v6.0.0-beta for details of what's new in v6.0.0. This release includes only fixes from regressions introduces in the beta version.
🚀 This release was 2 months in the making and it is full with good stuff!
- We have 5 new data sources: Databricks, IBM DB2, Kylin, Druid and Rockset. ⌗
- 📈 There are fixes and improvements to 11 existing data sources (MySQL, Redshift, Postgres, MongoDB, Google BigQuery, Vertica, TreasureData, Presto, ClickHouse, Google Sheets and Google Analytics).
- The Query Results data source can now load cached results, just use the
cached_query_prefix instead of
- ⚡️ On the visualizations front we added a Heatmap visualization and did updated the table and counter visualizations.
- 🛠 Alerts got some fixes and a new destination: PagerDuty.
- 👀 If the live autocomplete in the code editor annoys you, you can disable it now (although we're working to make it better, see #3092).
- Fast queries will now load faster. 🏃♂️
- We improved the layout of visualizations and content on smaller screen sizes. 📱
- For those of you who like sharing, you can now enable the ability to share ownership of queries and dashboards and let others to edit them. Check the Settings page to enable this feature.
There were also important changes to the code and infrastructure:
- 🚚 More components moved to React.
- We switched to Webpack 4 with the help of @dmonego.
- ⬆️ We upgraded to Celery 4 with the help of @emtwo, @jezdez, @mashrikt and @atharvai.
- ✅ We started moving towards Python 3 for our backend. The first step was to make sure our code pass basic sanity tests with Flake 8, which was implemented by @cclauss.
- ✅ We improved our testing on the frontend by adding setup for Jest tests and E2E testing using Cypress (@gabrieldutra).
- 🚀 Each pull request now gets a deploy preview using Netlify to easily test frontend changes.
This is just a summary, you're welcome to review the full list below. ⬇
🚀 This release had contributions from 38 people: @arikfr, @kravets-levko, @jezdez, @kyoshidajp, @kocsmy, @alison985, @gabrieldutra, @washort, @GitSumito, @emtwo, @rauchy, @alexanderlz, @denisov-vlad, @ariarijp, @yoavbls, @zhujunsan, @sjakthol, @koooge, @SakuradaJun, @dmonego, @Udomomo, @cclauss, @combineads, @zaimy, @Trigl, @ralphilius, @jodevsa, @deecay, @igorcanadi, @pashaxp, @hoangphuoc25, @toph, @burnash, @wankdanker, @Yossi-a, @Rovel, @kadrach, and @nicof38. Thank you, everyone 🙏
- #2747, #3143 Add a new Databricks query runner. @alison985, @jezdez, @arikfr
- #2767 Add ability to add viz to dashboard from query edit page. @alison985, @jezdez
- #2780 Add a query autocomplete toggle. @alison985, @jezdez, @arikfr
- #2768 Add authentication via JWT providers. @SakuradaJun
- 💻 #2790 Add the ability to sort favorited queries, paginate the dashboard list and improve UI inconsistencies. @jezdez
- 💻 #2681 Add ability to search table column names in schema browser. @alison985
- #2855 Add option to query cached results. @yoavbls
- #2740 Add ability for extensions to add periodic tasks. @emtwo
- 👍 #2924 Google Spreadsheets: Add support for opening by URL. @alexanderlz
- #2903 Add PagerDuty as an Alert Destination. @alexanderlz
- 👍 #2824 Add support for expanding dashboard visualizations. @sjakthol
- #2900 Add ability to specify a counter label. @ralphilius
- #2565 Add frontend extension capabilities. @emtwo
- 📦 #2848 Add IBM Db2 as a data source using the ibm-db Python package. @nicof38
- #2959 Add option to auto reload widget data in shared dashboards. @arikfr
- #2993 Add page size settings. @kyoshidajp
- #2080 New Heatmap chart visualization with Plotly. @deecay
- #2991 Show users in CLI group list. @GitSumito
- #2342 New SQLPARSE_FORMAT_OPTIONS setting to configure query formatter. @ariarijp
- ✅ #3031 Add some tests for Query Results. @ariarijp
- #2936 Add Kylin data source. @Trigl
- #3047 Add Druid data source. @rauchy
- #3077 New user interface for the feature flag of the share edit permissions feature. @arikfr
- #3007 Add permissions to the result of "manage.py groups list" command. @Udomomo
- #3088 Add get_current_user() fuction for the Python query runner. @kyoshidajp
- #3114 Add event tracking to autocomplete toggle. @arikfr
- #3068 Add Rockset query runner. @igorcanadi, @arikfr
- #3105 Display frontend version. @rauchy
- #2636 Rewrite query editor with React. @washort, @arikfr
- #2637 Convert edit-in-place component to React. @washort, @arikfr
- #2766 Suitable events are now being recorded server side instead of in the frontend. @alison985, @jezdez
- #2796 Change placement (right/bottom) of chart legend depending on chart width. @kravets-levko
- #2833 Uses server side sort order for tag list and show count of tagged items. @jezdez
- 👍 #2318 Support authentication for the URL data source. @jezdez
- #2884 Rename Yandex Metrika to Metrica. @jezdez
- #2909 MySQL: hide sys tables. @arikfr
- #2817 Consistently use simplejson for loading and dumping JSON. @jezdez
- #2872 Use Plotly's function to clean y-values (x may be category or date/time). @kravets-levko
- #2938 Auto focus tag input. @kyoshidajp
- #2927 Design refinements for queries pages. @kocsmy
- #2950 Show activity status in CLI user list. @GitSumito
- #2968 Presto data source: setting protocol (http/https), safe loading of error messages. @arikfr
- #2967 Show groups in CLI user list. @GitSumito
- ⚡️ #2603 MongoDB: Update requirements to support srv. @arikfr
- #2961 MongoDB: Skip system collections when loading schema. @arikfr
- ⏱ #2960 Add timeout to various HTTP requests. @arikfr
- ⚡️ #2983 Databricks: New logo, updated name and enabled by default. @arikfr
- 0️⃣ #2982 Table visualization: change default size to 25 and add more size options. @arikfr
- 🔧 #2866 Redshift: Hide tables the configured user cannot access. @sjakthol
- #3058 Mustache: don't html-escape query parameters values. @kravets-levko
- #3079 Always use basic autocomplete, as well as the live autocomplete. @arikfr
- 👍 #3084 Support tel://, sms://, mailto:// links in query results. @zhujunsan
- 👍 #3083 Clickhouse: Add WITH TOTALS option support. @denisov-vlad
- #3063 Allow setting colors for bubble charts. @toph
- 0️⃣ #3085 BigQuery: Switch to Standard SQL as the default. @kyoshidajp
- #3094 Tags autocomplete: Show note when creating a new label. @kravets-levko
- #2984 Autocomplete toggle improvements. @arikfr
- #3089 Open new tab when forking a query. @kyoshidajp
- 👍 #3126 MongoDB: add support for sorting columns. @arikfr
- #3128 Improve backoff algorithm of query results polling to speed it up. @arikfr
- ⚡️ #3125 Vertica: update driver & add support for connection timeout. @arikfr
- 👍 #3124 Support unicode in Postgres/Redshift schema. @arikfr
- #3138 Migrate all tags components to React. @kravets-levko
- 👍 #3139 Better manage permissions modal. @kocsmy
- #3149 Improve tag link colors and fix group tags on Users page. @kocsmy
- ⚡️ #3146 Update, replace and fix new alert destination logos so it fits better. @kocsmy
- #3147 Add and improve recent db logos that didn't fit in size properly. @kocsmy
- #3148 Fix label positioning on no found screen. @kocsmy
- 👍 #3156 json_dumps: add support for serializing buffer objects. @arikfr
- #2849 Fix invalid reference to alert.to_dict() in webhook. @wankdanker
- #2840 Improve counter visualization text scaling. @kravets-levko
- #2854 Widget titles are no longer rendered wrong on public dashboards. @kravets-levko
- 🚚 #2318 Removed redundant exception handling in data sources since that's handled in the query backend. @jezdez
- #2911 Don’t show “Add to dashboard” in dropdown to unsaved queries. @jezdez
- #2916 Fix export query results output file name. @gabrieldutra
- #2917 Fix output file name not changing after rename query. @gabrieldutra
- #2868 Address edge case when retrieving Glue schemas for Athena data source. @kadrach
- #2929 Fix: date value in a filter is duplicated. @combineads
- ⚡️ #2875 Unbreak charts with long legend break in horizontal mode. Update plotly.js. @kravets-levko
- #2937 Fix event recording in admin API backend. @kyoshidajp
- 🛠 #2953 Minor fixes for the Clickhouse data source. @denisov-vlad
- #2941 Bring back fix to Box plot hover. @arikfr
- #2957 Apply missing CSS classes to EditInPlace component. @arikfr
- #2897 Show "Add description" only after saving the query. @arikfr
- #2922 Query page layout improvements for small screens. @kravets-levko
- 🚚 #2956 Clickhouse: move timeout to params. @denisov-vlad
- #2964 Fix no tags shown when having empty set. @gabrieldutra
- #2757 Use full text search ranking when searching in list views. @jezdez
- #2969 Query Results data source: improved errors, quoted column names. @arikfr
- #2906 Preventing open redirection in loging process. @kyoshidajp
- #2867 TreasureData: Deduplicate column names. @zaimy
- #2994 Fix scheme of various URLs from http to https. @kyoshidajp
- ⚠ #2992 Fix an invalid prop type warning in new version notifier. @kyoshidajp
- #3022 Fix Toolbox covering part of a chart. @kravets-levko
- 📱 #2998 Fix charts losing responsive features after refreshing the dashboard. @kravets-levko
- #3034 Postgres: handle NaN/Infinity values. @kravets-levko
- #2745 Sort columns with undefined values. @Yossi-a
- #3041 Sort CLI output of lists. @GitSumito
- #2803, #3006 Address various tag display issues on query list page. @kocsmy, @alison985
- #3049 Fix edit-in-place component which ignored isEditable flag and didn't work on Groups page. @kravets-levko
- 📈 #2965 Google Analytics: Fix crash when no results are returned. @alexanderlz
- #3061 Fix table visualization so that the horizontal scrollbar is not be always visible. @kravets-levko
- #3076 Add white-space padding to separators in the footer. @burnash
- #2919 Fix URL data source to not require a URL. @arikfr
- ⚡️ #3098 Force AngularJS to update query editor properly. @washort
- #3100 Delete redundant regex segment in query result frontend. @zhujunsan
- ⚡️ #2978 Prevent the query update timestamp from changing when it is linked to new query results. @rauchy
- #3046 Fix query page header. @kravets-levko
- #3097 Mongo: Fix collection fields retreival bug when Views are present. @jodevsa
- #3107 Keep query text in local state for now. @washort
- #3111 Fix mobile padding issues on Query results. @kocsmy
- #3122 Show menu divider only if query is archived. @jezdez
- #3120 Fix tag counts for dashboards and queries. @jezdez
- #3141 Fix schema refresh to work on MySQL 8. @hoangphuoc25
- #3142 Fix: editing dashboard title results in the visualizations being replaced by the loading markers. @kravets-levko
- 🐳 #2850 The setup scripts are now based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Docker. @pashaxp, @arikfr
- ✅ #2985 Add Jest based tests to our stack. @arikfr
- 🔧 #2999 Add netlify configuration. @arikfr
- ✅ #3000 Initial Cypress based E2E test infrastructure. @gabrieldutra
- 💅 #2898 Move Ant styles into a central location. @arikfr
- 🏗 #2910 Fix webpack build error about BigMessage. @jezdez
- #2928 Speed up builds by skipping installing requirements_all_ds.txt in CI unit tests. @arikfr
- 🏗 #2963 Fix tarball build failure. @emtwo
- #2996 Fix setup.sh failures when run as root. @arikfr
- #2989 Rearrange make targets. @koooge
- ⚡️ #3036 Update Flask-Admin to 1.5.2. @yoavbls
- 📚 #2901 Fix documentation links. @kravets-levko
- 🚚 #3073 Remove only Redash containers in clean Make task. @ariarijp
- 🚚 #3048 Remove pytest-watch dependency to workaround an issue with watchdog. @rauchy
- ⚡️ #2905 Update development docker-compose.yml file to use latest Redis and Postgres servers and specify working volume explictly. @Rovel
- ✅ #3032 Makefile: Add make targets for test. @koooge
- #2933 Switch to Webpack 4. @dmonego
- ⚡️ #2908 Update setup files. @arikfr
- #2946 Update snowflake_connector_python version. @arikfr
- ⬆️ #2773 Upgrade to Celery 4.2.1. @emtwo, @jezdez
- ✅ #2881 CircleCI: Make flake8 tests pass on Legacy Python and Python 3. @cclauss
- 🚚 #2907 Remove unused dependencies (honcho, wsgiref). @arikfr
- 🏗 #3039 Build docker image on master branch. @arikfr
- #3106 Fix registerAll failures after minification. @arikfr
- ⬆️ Upgraded Celery version to 3.1.26 to make upgrade to Celery 4 easier.
- ➕ Added support for JWT authentication (for services like Cloudflare Access or Google IAP).
🚀 Final release for V5. Most of the changes were already in the beta release of V5, but this includes several fixes along 💻 with UI improvements.
🚀 🙏 Thanks to @arikfr, @jezdez, @kravets-levko, @alison985, @kocsmy, @yossi-a, @tdsmith, @nasmithan, @jrbenny35, @sjakthol, @ariarijp and @combineads who contributed to this release.
- 🛠 Fix: don't expose Google OAuth client secret. @arikfr
- 👌 Improve mobile rendering of dashboards and queries. @kocsmy
- 💻 UI improvements for favorites and empty state. @arikfr
- ✂ Remove unnecessary X at the end of the query search. @kocsmy
- ➕ Add server-side sorting to dashboard list. @jezdez
- Sort queries in descending order. @jezdez
- Throw error when non-owner tries to add a user to dashboard permissions. @alison985
- Propagate query execution errors from Celery tasks properly. @alison985
- Reload the route when using the app header search input. @jezdez
- 🛠 Fix: BigQuery default location is null and not US. @arikfr
- 🛠 Fix: query embeds are broken. @arikfr
- 🛠 Fix: typo in Celery log foramt. @ariarijp
- 👉 Use QuerySerializer in outdated queries list. @jezdez
- 🛠 Fix: sometimes widgets are getting zero height. @kravets-levko
- Athena: Switch to simple_json to serialize NaN/Infinity values as nulls. @kravets-levko, @jezdez
- 🛠 Fix: queries with parameters with no value breaking the scheduler. @arikfr
- 🛠 Fix: MongoDB query results parser didn't support unicode keys. @arikfr
- 🛠 Fix: Google Analytics schema wasn't loading in some cases. @arikfr
- 🛠 Fix: date/time parameters not working as global param @kravets-levko.
- 🛠 Fix: Widgets crumble when trying to move / resize a widget. @kravets-levko
- 🛠 Fix: handling rows with "length" field with forOwn method. @yossi-a
- 🛠 Fix: query selection not working on alert page. @sjakthol
- 🚚 Fix: query_results for Embedded Parameters (removed deprecated to_dict function). @nasmithan
- 🛠 Fix: unicode not supported in dashboard search. @combineads
- 🛠 Fix: unicode not supported in users search. @arikfr
- ➕ Add test for using saved parameters in scheduled queries. @alison985
- Minor code smell cleanup. @jezdez
- ⚡️ Update QueryResultListResource docstring. @tdsmith
- Switch to CirlceCI 2.0 @jrbenny35, @arikfr
- ✂ Remove unnecessary init methods. @jezdez
🚀 This is the first beta of the V5 release (and hopefully the last one). This version includes a lot of exciting new additions along with bug fixes and other changes.
Some notable changes:
- 💻 Extensive work on parameters UI:
- New Date Range parameter type.
- UI for creating new parameters.
- Support for Now/Today as default value of date/time parameter.
- 🏷 Tagging and favorites ⭐️ support for queries and dashboards.
- 👉 Users list page was improved (search, additional information) and you can now disable users.
- 👍 Query editor improvements: additional keyboard shortcuts and support for searching in query text.
- Visualizations improvements: option to select colors of pie chart sectors, X Axis type auto detect and option to format values, labels and tooltips.
- Data Sources:
- Support for Yandex Metrika and AppMetrika.
- BigQuery: location property support and schema will load all tables now.
- Elasticsearch: stop sending source_content_type parameter which wasn't supported in older versions.
- Started migrating the frontend codebase to React.
And much more!
🚀 🙏 Thanks to @kravets-levko, @arikfr, @ariarijp, @alison985, @kyoshidajp, @kocsmy, @denisov-vlad, @deecay, @yuua, @emtwo, @Pablohn26, @sieben, @atharvai, @matsumo, @tdawber, @innovia, @gabrieldutra, @coreyhuinker, @maxv, @sjakthol, @mtrbean and @washort who contributed to this release!
- #2712: Date/Time Range parameter type (@kravets-levko)
- 👍 #2482: Add support for ChatWork Alert Destination. (@matsumo)
- #2678: Explicit "Add Parameter" Button in Query Editor. (@kravets-levko)
- #2513: Add location property to BigQuery data source settings. (@kyoshidajp)
- 👍 #2616: Pie chart: support setting pie chart sector colors. (@kravets-levko)
- 0️⃣ #2697: Date/Time parameters: support for "Now" as default value. (@kravets-levko)
- #2693: Enable search function in Query Editor. (@arikfr)
- #2573: Tagging and favorites for Queries and Dashboards (@arikfr)
- 💻 #2640: Keyboard shortcut to collapse query editor/schema browser (@kravets-levko)
- 👍 #2674: Add support for the Chrome Logger extension (@arikfr)
- #2653: Add redash db size to status page (@alison985)
- 📇 #2669: Store Athena query id with result metadata (@tdawber)
- 🔧 #2546: Configuration for incorporating React components (@washort)
- #2533: New datasource: Yandex Metrika & AppMetrika (@denisov-vlad)
- #2536: Chart: formats for values, labels and tooltips (@kravets-levko)
- #2560: Introduce Policy object (@arikfr)
- #2380: Admin should be able to disable a user (@kravets-levko)
- #2509: Show custom date format on settings page (@kyoshidajp)
- #2715: Improve users list page (@arikfr)
- 💅 #2710: Update Ant variables to fit Redash's style (@kocsmy)
- 🚚 #2709: Move format button next Add New Param button. (@arikfr)
- #2664: Dashboard shows a spinner when query failed to load (@kravets-levko)
- #2626: Show real status when loading cached query result (@kravets-levko)
- #2663: Set column name implicitly when column name is blank (@ariarijp)
- #2695: Improve Date/DateTime type parameters (@kravets-levko)
- #2694: Block users with disposable email addresses (@arikfr)
- #2687: YAML: changed load to safe_load (@denisov-vlad)
- ⚡️ #2514: Update value parsing for google spreadsheets source (@atharvai)
- 🛠 #2570: fixes query pagination alignment (@alison985)
- #2584: keep query result pagination out of scroll (@alison985)
- #2647: Improve Script Query Runner (@ariarijp)
- #2583: Query header improvements on widgets (@kocsmy)
- #2671: Save some space (@kocsmy)
- 📱 #2658: delaying schema filtering to improve responsiveness (@alison985)
- 📚 #2648: Update datasource documentation links (@Pablohn26)
- #2613: Improve Script Query Runner (@ariarijp)
- #2619: data source sort case insensitive (@alison985)
- #2604: Improve Google Spreadsheets Query Runner (@ariarijp)
- #2542: Closes #2541: x-axis improvements. (@emtwo)
- 🚚 #2590: Remove redundant variables (@ariarijp)
- #2585: Show data only mode: allow to add and delete visualizations (@kravets-levko)
- 💅 #2549: Allow get_tables to see views and v10-style partitioned tables (@coreyhuinker)
- #2568: sort datasources alphabetically (@alison985)
- 📜 #2444: feat: show error if saml response cannot be parsed (@sjakthol)
- #2554: Display name to be delete (@kyoshidajp)
- #2510: Display confirmation dialog when deleting a item (@kyoshidajp)
- #2518: Design improvements (@kocsmy)
- #2520: Filter data sources in a data source input area (@kyoshidajp)
- #2722: Elasticsearch: Don't send source_content_type parameter. (@arikfr)
- 🚚 #2719: Remove closing input tags (@maxv)
- #2458: Get all tables in the BigQuery (@kyoshidajp)
- #2698: Make sure we return distinct data source values (@arikfr)
- #2315: Fix: pyHive type matches (@yuua)
- #2638: Dashboard stops rendering when adding widget with empty query (@kravets-levko)
- #2610: Fix export query results output file name (@gabrieldutra)
- #2574: commit query result to db before evaluating alerts (@mtrbean)
- #2580: add break-word wrap to add/edit text box on dashboard (@alison985)
- #2578: Fix connection error when you run "create_tables" (@ariarijp)
- 🚚 #2572: remove extra menu line if query is archived (@alison985)
- #2526: Fix pivot hide control in dashboards (@deecay)
- #2511: Fixing signed_out.html template (@kocsmy)
- #2523: Frontend: fix boolean field with null value display as null. (@innovia)
- 🏗 #2682: Add Zeit's now support to have preview builds for every PR (@arikfr)
- ⬆️ #2668: Upgrade bootstrap script to Redash 4.0.1 (@ariarijp)
- ✅ #2639: Add tests for SpreadSheets (@ariarijp)
- ✅ #2635: Add tests for Query Results (@ariarijp)
- 🚚 #2537: Remove trailing semicolon (@sieben)
- 💻 Extensive work on parameters UI: