spidy Web Crawler v1.4.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-10-04 // about 4 years ago
⚡️ Much update!
- 🐧 Confirmed and added support for OS/X and Linux thanks to michellemorales and j-setiawan.
- 📚 Updated documentation to the current state of things. Still work to be done there.
- ✂ Removed 'bad file' functionality as it wasn't working as intended and wasn't important anyway. That's what error logs are for.
<base>tags to grab links that wouldn't have been recognized before. Thanks lxml!
- ➕ Added an optional (on by default) check for file size. Won't download any files larger than 500 MB, assuming the site returns a
- ➕ Added Firefox (on Ubuntu) as an option for browser spoofing.
config/, while the source code archives contain all files.
Previous changes from v1.3
🚀 Final 1.3.0 release. Added error handling back in - no changes needed.
⚡️ Optimized all file creation and loading. Everything is now saved with UTF-8 encoding, allowing for foreign characters and EMOJI in pages.