v1.7.1July 18, 2019
- 👍 Better Windows support
- Python 3.7 compatibility
- 📚 Big documentation improvements, including a switch from .extract_first() + .extract() API to .get() + .getall() API
- Feed exports, FilePipeline and MediaPipeline improvements
- Better extensibility: item_error and request_reached_downloader signals; from_crawler support for feed exporters, feed storages and dupefilters.
- 🛠 scrapy.contracts fixes and new features
- 🚀 Telnet console security improvements, first released as a backport in Scrapy 1.5.2 (2019-01-22)
- 🗄 Clean-up of the deprecated code
- 🛠 Various bug fixes, small new features and usability improvements across the codebase.
v1.5.2January 22, 2019
v1.5.1July 11, 2018
🚀 This release brings small new features and improvements across the codebase.
- 👍 Google Cloud Storage is supported in FilesPipeline and ImagesPipeline.
- Crawling with proxy servers becomes more efficient, as connections to proxies can be reused now.
- ⚠ Warnings, exception and logging messages are improved to make debugging easier.
- 📜 scrapy parse command now allows to set custom request meta via --meta argument.
- ✅ Compatibility with Python 3.6, PyPy and PyPy3 is improved; PyPy and PyPy3 are now supported officially, by running tests on CI.
- 👍 Better default handling of HTTP 308, 522 and 524 status codes.
- 📚 Documentation is improved, as usual.
🚀 Release notes at https://doc.scrapy.org/en/latest/news.html#scrapy-1-4-0-2017-05-18
🚀 Release notes at https://doc.scrapy.org/en/latest/news.html#scrapy-1-3-3-2017-03-10