QuTiP v4.4.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-08-13 // 4 months ago
🚀 The release of QuTiP 4.4.1
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Fixed the pickling but that made solver unable to run in parallel on Windows. (Thank lrunze for reporting)
- Removed warning when mesolve fall back on sesolve (by Michael Goerz ).
- Fixed dimension check and confusing documentation in random ket (by Yariv Yanay ).
- Fixed Qobj isherm not working after using Qobj.permute. (Thank llorz1207 for reporting)
- Correlation functions call now properly handle multiple time dependant functions. (Thank taw181 for reporting)
- Removed mutable default values in mesolve/sesolve (by Michael Goerz )
- Fixed simdiag bug (Thank Croydon-Brixton for reporting)
- Better support of constant QobjEvo. (by Boxi Li )
- QobjEvo do not need to start from 0 anymore. (by Eric Giguere )
- Add a quantum object purity function. (by Nathan Shammah and Shahnawaz Ahmed )
- Add step function interpolation for array time-coefficient. (by Boxi Li )
Previous changes from v4.4.0
🚀 The release of QuTiP 4.4.0
MAJOR FEATURE : Added methods and techniques to the stochastic solvers (by Eric Giguère ) which allows to use a much broader set of solvers and much more efficiently.
MAJOR FEATURE : Optimization of the montecarlo solver (by Eric Giguère ). Computation are faster in many cases. Collapse information available to time dependant information.
Added the QObjEvo class and methods (by Eric Giguère ), which is used behind the scenes by the dynamical solvers, making the code more efficient and tidier. More built-in function available to string coefficients. The coefficients can be made from interpolated array with variable timesteps and can obtain state information more easily. Time-dependant collapse operator can have multiple terms.
New wigner_transform and plot_wigner_sphere function. (by Nithin Ramu ).
ptrace is faster and work on bigger systems, from 15 Qbits to 30 Qbits.
🛠 QIP module: added the possibility for user-defined gates, added the possibility to remove or add gates in any point of an already built circuit, added the molmer_sorensen gate, and fixed some bugs (by Boxi Li ).
Added the quantum Hellinger distance to qutip.metrics (by Wojciech Rzadkowski ).
Implemented possibility of choosing a random seed (by Marek marekyggdrasil ).
➕ Added a code of conduct to Github.
🐛 Bug Fixes
🛠 Fixed bug that made QuTiP incompatible with SciPy 1.3.
quite.cite() is improved.
➕ Added matplotlib as optional dependency and updated numpy and scipy requirements.
🛠 Fixed matrix generating coherent spin states in qutip.piqs to include complex coefficients.