psutil v5.8.1 Release Notes
- 🐧 1851_: [Linux] cpu_freq() is slow on systems with many CPUs. Read current frequency values for all CPUs from /proc/cpuinfo instead of opening many files in /sys fs. (patch by marxin)
🐛 Bug fixes
- 🍎 1456_: [macOS] psutil.cpu_freq()'s min and max are set to 0 if can't be determined (instead of crashing).
- 🍎 1512_: [macOS] sometimes Process.connections() will crash with EOPNOTSUPP for one connection; this is now ignored.
- 🍎 1892_: [macOS] psutil.cpu_freq() broken on Apple M1.
- 🏁 1904_: [Windows] OpenProcess fails with ERROR_SUCCESS due to GetLastError() called after sprintf(). (patch by alxchk)
- 1874_: [Solaris] swap output error due to incorrect range.
- 🐧 1913_: [Linux] wait_procs seemingly ignoring timeout, TimeoutExpired thrown
- 🏁 1921_: [Windows] psutil.swap_memory() shows committed memory instead of swap
- 🏁 1953_: [Windows] disk_partitions() crashes due to insufficient buffer len. (patch by MaWe2019)
- 🏁 1598_: [Windows] psutil.disk_partitions() only returns mountpoints on drives where it first finds one