PySec alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Implementations" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of PySec or a related project?
OWASP Python Security Project - PySec
Python Security is a free, open source, OWASP project that aims at creating a hardened version of python that makes it easier for security professionals and developers to write applications more resilient to attacks and manipulations.
The project is designed to explore how web applications can be developed in python by approaching the problem from three different angles:
- Security in python: white-box analysis, structural and functional analysis
- Security of python: black-box analysis, identify and address security-related issues
- Security with python: develop security hardened python suitable for high-risk and high-security environments
- gcc, g++, make
- ubuntu -> sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make
- debian -> apt-get install gcc g++ make (as root)
- ubuntu -> sudo apt-get install build-essential
- debian -> apt-get install build-essential (as root)
- ubuntu -> sudo apt-get install python-dev
- debian -> apt-get install python-dev (as root)
- ubuntu -> sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
git clone https://github.com/ebranca/owasp-pysec.git cd owasp-pysec/ python2.7 setup.py install
cd tests/ python runall.py
wget http://fallabs.com/kyotocabinet/pkg/kyotocabinet-1.2.76.tar.gz tar zxvf kyotocabinet-1.2.76.tar.gz cd kyotocabinet-1.2.76/ ./configure make make check make install
Kyoto Cabinet for Python 2.7
wget http://fallabs.com/kyotocabinet/pythonlegacypkg/kyotocabinet-python-legacy-1.18.tar.gz tar zxvf kyotocabinet-python-legacy-1.18.tar.gz cd kyotocabinet-python-legacy-1.18/ python setup.py install ln -s /usr/local/lib/libkyotocabinet.so* /usr/lib/