KQ v2.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-06-04 // over 1 year ago
- ⬇️ Dropped support for Python 2.7 and Python 3.4. This was to keep the code cleaner, reduce future development/maintenance workload for myself, and be ready for Python 2.x phaseout (albeit a little early).
- Completely overhauled the library and improved the API. Changes are not backward compatible. Some notable changes include:
- Ability to inject your own kafka-python producers and consumers into KQ queues and workers respectively. See here for an example.
- Ability to specify the timeout, key and partition when enqueueing a job with new
- Ability to inject your own serializer/deserializer. See here for more details.
- Removed the
kqcommand line tool. Users should define an executable Python module themselves (see example here). Main reason for this was that the command line tool was not very useful: if users wanted to configure their consumers and callback functions, they had to define a configuration module and import it using the kq command line tool. This only added more room for user errors and hard-to-debug exceptions during the import, without providing much benefits over simply defining a module and calling
- 📚 Please check out the documentation for new usage examples and API specifications.
Previous changes from v1.3.2
- ➕ Added contributing page to the documentation.