dateutil v2.8.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-11-03 // over 2 years ago
🔖 Version 2.8.1 (2019-11-03)
⚡️ Data updates
- ⚡️ Updated tzdata version to 2019c.
- 🛠 Fixed a race condition in the
caches on Python 2.7. Reported by @kainjow (gh issue #901).
- 📜 Parsing errors will now raise
ParserError, a subclass of
ValueError, which has a nicer string representation. Patch by
@gfyoung (gh pr #881).
parser.parsewill now raise
tzinfosis passed a
type that cannot be interpreted as a time zone. Prior to this
🔄 change, it would raise an
UnboundLocalErrorinstead. Patch by
@jbrockmendel (gh pr #891).
- 🔄 Changed error message raised when when passing a
🛠 the time zone name to gettz in Python 3. Reported and fixed by
@labrys () (gh issue #927, gh pr #935).
- 🔄 Changed compatibility logic to support a potential Python 4.0
🚀 release. Patch by Hugo van Kemenade (gh pr #950).
- ⚡️ Updated many modules to use
tz.UTCin favor of
internally, to avoid an unnecessary function call. (gh pr #910).
- 🛠 Fixed issue where
dateutil.tzwas using a backported version of
contextlib.nullcontexteven in Python 3.7 due to a malformed
import statement. (gh pr #963).
- ✅ Switched from using assertWarns to using pytest.warns in the test
suite. (gh pr #969).
- 🛠 Fix typo in setup.cfg causing PendingDeprecationWarning to not be
⚠ explicitly specified as an error in the warnings filter. (gh pr
- Fixed issue where
test_tzlocal_offset_equalwould fail in certain
environments (such as FreeBSD) due to an invalid assumption about
🛠 what time zone names are provided. Reported and fixed by Kubilay
Kocak (gh issue #918, pr #928).
- 🛠 Fixed a minor bug in
🛠 handling. Fixed by @fhuang5 (gh issue #776, gh pr #879).
- 🔧 Explicitly listed all markers used in the pytest configuration. (gh
- ✅ Extensive improvements to the parser test suite, including the
💅 adoption of
pytest-style tests and the addition of parametrization
✅ of several test cases. Patches by @jbrockmendel (gh prs #735,
#890, #892, #894).
- ➕ Added tests for tzinfos input types. Patch by @jbrockmendel (gh pr
- 🛠 Fixed failure of test suite when changing the TZ variable is
forbidden. Patch by @shadchin (gh pr #893).
- ✅ Pinned all test dependencies on Python 3.3. (gh prs #934, #962)
📚 Documentation changes
- 🛠 Fixed many misspellings, typos and styling errors in the comments
📚 and documentation. Patch by Hugo van Kemenade (gh pr #952).
- ➕ Added Python 3.8 to the trove classifiers. (gh pr #970)
- 🚚 Moved as many keys from
setup.cfgas possible. Fixed
by @FakeNameSE, @aquinlan82, @jachen20, and @gurgenz221 (gh
issue #871, gh pr #880).
- 📜 Reorganized
parsermethods by functionality. Patch by
@jbrockmendel (gh pr #882).
- 🚀 Switched
release.pyover to using
🚀 releases, rather than direct invocations of
setup.py. Fixed by
@smeng10 (gh issue #869, gh pr #875).
- ➕ Added a "build" environment into the tox configuration, to handle
🚀 dependency management when making releases. Fixed by @smeng10 (gh
issue #870,r gh pr #876).
- GH #916, GH #971
Previous changes from v2.7.5
⚡️ Data updates
- ⚡️ Update tzdata to 2018g