All Versions
9
Latest Version
Avg Release Cycle
146 days
Latest Release
996 days ago

Changelog History

  • v3.0.4

    June 08, 2017

    🛠 This minor bugfix release just fixes some packaging and documentation issues:

    • 🛠 Fix issue with setup.py where pytest_runner was always being installed. (PR #119, thanks @zmedico)
    • ✅ Make sure test.py is included in the manifest (PR #118, thanks @zmedico)
    • 🛠 Fix a bunch of old URLs in the README and other docs. (PRs #123 and #129, thanks @qfan and @jdufresne)
    • 📚 Update documentation to no longer imply we test/support Python 3 versions before 3.3 (PR #130, thanks @jdufresne)
  • v3.0.3

    May 16, 2017

    🚀 This release fixes a crash when debugging logging was enabled. (Issue #115, PRs #117 and #125)

  • v3.0.2

    April 12, 2017

    🛠 Fixes an issue where detect would sometimes return None instead of a dict with the keys encoding, language, and confidence (Issue #113, PR #114).

  • v3.0.1

    April 11, 2017

    🛠 This bugfix release fixes a crash in the EUC-TW prober when it encountered certain strings (Issue #67).

  • v3.0.0

    April 11, 2017

    🚀 This release is long overdue, but still mostly serves as a placeholder for the impending 4.0.0 release, which will have retrained models for better accuracy. For now, this release will get the following improvements up on PyPI:

    • ➕ Added support for Turkish ISO-8859-9 detection (PR #41, thanks @queeup)
    • Commented out large unused sections of Big5 and EUC-KR tables to save memory (8bc4b89)
    • ✂ Removed Python 3.2 from testing, but add 3.4 - 3.6
    • Ensure that stdin is open with mode 'rb' for chardetect CLI. (PR #38, thanks @lpsinger)
    • 🛠 Fixed chardetect crash with non-ascii file names (PR #39, thanks @nkanaev)
    • Made naming conventions more Pythonic throughout (no more mTypicalPositiveRatio, and instead typical_positive_ratio)
    • ✅ Modernized test scripts and infrastructure so we've got Travis testing and all that stuff
    • Rename filter_without_english_words to filter_international_words and make it match current Mozilla implementation (PR #44, thanks @rsnair2)
    • Updated filter_english_letters to match C implementation (c665459)
    • 🏁 Temporarily disabled Hungarian ISO-8859-2 and Windows-1250 detection because it is very inaccurate (da6c0a0)
    • 👍 Allow CLI sub-package to be importable (PR #55)
    • ➕ Add a hypotheis-based test (PR #66, thanks @DRMacIver)
    • Strip endianness from UTF with BOM predictions so that the encoding can be passed directly to bytes.decode() (PR #73, thanks @snoack)
    • 🛠 Fixed broken links in docs (PR #90, thanks @roskakori)
    • ➕ Added early exit to chardetect when encoding is detected instead of looping through entire file (PR #103, thanks @jpz)
    • 🐎 Use bytearray objects internally instead of wrap_ord calls, which provides a nice performance boost across the board (PR #106)
    • ➕ Add language property to probers and UniversalDetector results (PR #180)
    • 🏗 Mark the 5 known test failures as such so we can have more useful Travis build results in the meantime (d588407)
  • v2.3.0

    October 07, 2014

    🚀 In this release, we:

    • ➕ Added support for CP932 detection (thanks to @hashy).
    • 🛠 Fixed an issue where UTF-8 with a BOM would not be detected as UTF-8-SIG (#8).
    • 📜 Modified chardetect to use argparse for argument parsing.
    • 🚚 Moved docs to a gh-pages branch. You can now access them at http://chardet.github.io.
  • v2.2.1

    October 21, 2014

    🛠 Fix missing paren in chardetect.py

  • v2.2.0

    October 21, 2014

    🔀 First version after merger with charade. Loads of little changes.

  • v1.1

    July 26, 2012