v1.3.2June 02, 2020
🚀 The main purpose of this release is again to support upcomping improvements to x-python.
🚀 This might be the last release before a more substantial refactoring to fix some
longer-term slowness and weirdnesses in tracing by using 3.6, and 3.8 APIs
- 👉 Show args via "info local" on a call event
- 👍 Better file remapping and size check error msgs
- Blacken some buffers, and use more conventional imports
⚡️ A major change was made in the way that position info is saved. Using an updated xdis, for lines we store its module or function name and the list of offsets it has.
👀 A line may have several sets of module/function and offsets. You can see this new information using
info linealso supports giving a line number.
Breakpoint structures now have an offset field which will be used to distinguish which of several offsets to stop at when a line has more than one stoppable offset (i.e. is in the line number table more than once.)
🚀 All of this possibly will occur in a new release. However expect it in
🔨 A refactoring of how subcommand code gets loaded was started to DRY code, reduce code bulk, regularize, modernize the use of imports and this blacken code.
🚀 A few more routines still should be converted but that's left to a future release.
Perhaps later will be an Emacs-Lisp-like "autoload" feature so the debugger loads faster.
🚚 Little-used commands
pdocxwere removed. Note these never had equivalents in
gdband were written in the days before had its better introspection support. Nowadays,
help(fn)will do about the same thing.
📜 The "edit" command was revised to use the current location parsing regime. Previously it was broken when the location parsing was converted.
v1.1.0.NJune 13, 2020
- ⚡️ Incorporate a major update of pyficache which removes the coverage dependency.
- More Python source has been reformatted and imports revised along current thinking.
- 🛠 Some errors in termination messages have been fixed.
--treesince that's what it is and
ASTit is not
🚀 The main impetus for this release is to start to be able to support debugging in x-python. This code is used as a common debugger base for the upcoming
🚀 We simplify imports using xdis 4.6.0. And dependence on previous versions has been tightened. Previously, there could be version and API mismatches if you had an older release of
The bump to 1.0.0 should have been done a while ago. Semantic versioning suggests that this is where we should have started. Well, better late than never.
🚀 But as with any 1.0 release, there are, alas, major portions that needupgrading to newer 3.6 and 3.8 Python features, pytest interfaces. And so on.
👍 Perhaps later if there's help or support by some other means.
- 🆕 new command,
set autopc, runs
info pcevery time the debugger is
- 🛠 A number of
disassemblebugs have been fixed
- 🛠 Fix to FIFO client from user abliss
- some modernization (blacken some files, simplify imports, and run
👕 lint) on some source code
🌲 Read the
ChangeLogor git commit log/history for more details on what's changed.
- 🆕 new command,
- ⬆️ Bump xdis version to get up to 3.7.7, 3.8.2, and 3.9
- 3.1.5 tolerance
- 🛠 IPython interaction fixes
- 👮 Force newer uncompyle6 to reduce decompilation problems
- 📌 Pin Pygments to 2.2.0 to fix color key problem
- term-256color tolerance
- ⬆️ Bump xdis and uncompyle6 version
v0.8.8October 27, 2018