pyarmor alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Distribution" category.
Alternatively, view pyarmor alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.2 9.7 L3 pyarmor VS PyInstallerFreeze (package) Python programs into stand-alone executables
8.3 9.8 L2 pyarmor VS NuitkaNuitka is a Python compiler written in Python. It's fully compatible with Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9. You feed it your Python app, it does a lot of clever things, and spits out an executable or extension module.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of pyarmor or a related project?
PyArmor is a command line tool used to obfuscate python scripts, bind obfuscated scripts to fixed machine or expire obfuscated scripts. It protects Python scripts by the following ways:
- Obfuscate code object to protect constants and literal strings.
- Obfuscate co_code of each function (code object) in runtime.
- Clear f_locals of frame as soon as code object completed execution.
- Verify the license file of obfuscated scripts while running it.
Also refer to The Security of PyArmor
- Python 2.7 and Python3
- Prebuilt Platform: win32, win_amd64, linux_i386, linux_x86_64, macosx_x86_64
- Embedded Platform: Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, Orange Pi, TS-4600 / TS-7600 and more
Refer to support platforms
pip install pyarmor
pyarmor obfuscate foo.py
Run obfuscated scripts
Pack obfuscated scripts into one bundle
pip install pyinstaller pyarmor pack foo.py
Obfuscate scripts with an expired license
pyarmor licenses --expired 2018-12-31 r001 pyarmor obfuscate --with-license licenses/r001/license.lic foo.py
There is also a web-ui package pyarmor-webui
pip install pyarmor-webui
Start webui, open web page in browser (snapshots)
More usage, refer to
License & Purchase
PyArmor is published as shareware, free trial version never expires, but there are some limitations:
- The trial version could not obfuscate the big scripts
- The trial version uses same public capsule other than private capsule
- The trial version could not download the latest dynamic library of extra platforms
For details, refer to PyArmor License.
It describes the fixed issues, new features, incompatible issues in different versions.
It's recommended to read this carefully before upgrading pyarmor.
If there is any question, first check these questions and solutions, it may help you solve the problem quickly.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the pyarmor README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.