In this tutorial, learn how you can build a basic Instagram photo feed that updates in realtime using Pusher, Django and jQuery.
pusher django photo feed alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "WebSocket" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of pusher django photo feed or a related project?
BUILD A PHOTO FEED USING DJANGO
Here, we will learn about building a photo feed using Django. This is similar to instagram, but a stripped off version without the comments and like feature. The full tutorial can be found here : https://pusher.com/tutorials/photo-feed-django/
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
- Clone this repository by running:
git clone https://github.com/samuelayo/pusher_django_photo_feed.git
- Change directory to the cloned repo
- Install required libraries: i.e pusher and django
pip install django pusher
- Replace the XXX_APP_ID, XXX_APP_KEY, XXX_APP_SECRET and XXX_APP_CLUSTER with your own keys you obtained when you created an app on Pusher in the line below in your
photofeed\views.pyfile. If you dont have a Pusher account, sign up here
Pusher(app_id=u'XXX_APP_ID', key=u'XXX_APP_KEY', secret=u'XXX_APP_SECRET', cluster=u'XXX_APP_CLUSTER')
- Replace the XXX_APP_KEY and XXX_APP_CLUSTER with your app key and cluster respectively in the
- Run the following command at the root of your application to make the migrations needed for the database
python manage.py makemigrations
- Run this command to migrate the database
python manage.py migrate
And finally, start the application:
python manage.py runserver.
and visit http://localhost:8000/ to see the application in action.