ptpython v3.0.11 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-01-20 // over 1 year ago
🆕 New features:
- ➕ Add support for top-level await.
🔨 Refactoring of event loop usage:
- The ptpython input UI will now run in a separate thread. This makes it possible to properly embed ptpython in an asyncio application, without having to deal with nested event loops (which asyncio does not support).
- The "eval" part doesn't anymore take place within a ptpython coroutine, so
it can spawn its own loop if needed. This also fixes
asyncio.run()usage in the REPL, which was broken before.
➕ Added syntax highlighting and autocompletion for !-style system commands.
- ✂ Remove unexpected additional line after output.
- 🛠 Fix system prompt. Accept !-style inputs again.
- Don't execute PYTHONSTARTUP when -i flag was given.