psutil v5.8.0 Release Notes
disk_partitions()_ exposes 2 extra fields:
maxpath, which are the maximum file name and path name length.
- 🏁 1872_, [Windows]: added support for PyPy 2.7.
- 🍎 1879_: provide pre-compiled wheels for Linux and macOS (yey!).
- 👷 1880_: get rid of Travis and Cirrus CI services (they are no longer free). CI testing is now done by GitHub Actions on Linux, macOS and FreeBSD (yes). AppVeyor is still being used for Windows CI.
🐛 Bug fixes
- 🐧 1708_, [Linux]: get rid of
sensors_temperatures()_ duplicates. (patch by Tim Schlueter).
- 🏁 1839_, [Windows], [critical]: always raise
AccessDenied_ instead of
WindowsErrorwhen failing to query 64 processes from 32 bit ones by using
- 🏁 1866_, [Windows], [critical]:
Process.environ()_ may raise "[WinError 998] Invalid access to memory location" on Python 3.9 / VS 2019.
- 1874_, [SunOS]: wrong swap output given when encrypted column is present.
- 🏁 1875_, [Windows], [critical]:
Process.username()_ may raise
ERROR_NONE_MAPPEDif the SID has no corresponding account name. In this case
AccessDenied_ is now raised.
- 🍎 1886_, [macOS]:
EIOerror may be raised on
Process.environ(). Now it gets translated into
- 🏁 1887_, [Windows], [critical]:
OpenProcessmay fail with "[WinError 0] The operation completed successfully"." Turn it into
NoSuchProcess_ depending on whether the PID is alive.
- 🍎 1891_, [macOS]: get rid of deprecated