Avg Release Cycle
1157 days ago
- ➕ Add basic tab completion scripts for bash and fish
- Optimise execution of sequence tasks
- ➕ Add support for configuring global environment variables that are inherited by all tasks
- Add default_task_type option to sequence tasks.
This allows specifying sequences of cmd, script, or other task types without having to use inline object syntax or specify them as separate tasks to reference.
- ➕ Add support for zsh tab completion. Includes global options and task names derived from the present pyproject.toml if any.
- ➕ Add support for task composition with new sequence and ref tasks types
- ➕ Add support for hard coded literal arguments to the target callable of script tasks
- 📜 Switch to tomlkit for toml parsing to add support for multiline task context (e.g. shell scripts) with dotted paths
- 👉 Make shell tasks raise an error if extra arguments are provided (since there's nothing constructive to do with them)
- 👌 Improved support for multiline shell tasks on windows
- 👌 Improve support for windows in general
- 🏁 Shell tasks can run on windows if a suitable bash executable (such as git-bash or wsl bash) can be found
💥 Breaking changes
- Drop support for the
run_in_project_root = falseglobal setting
- ⬇️ Drop direct dependency on poetry
- 👉 Use the
poetry runcli for running tasks from outside of the poetry shell
- ➕ Add support for specifying environmental variables for a task
- ➕ Add support for specifying a help message per task
- Add support for python script tasks
- Add support for shell script tasks
- ➕ Add config option to change the default task type
🔨 Major code refactor and new features including:
- Ensure poetry environment is available to tasks without poetry run/shell
- ➕ Add support for --dry-run cli option
- ➕ Add support for escaping shell variables to they're passed to the task
- 💻 Make UI method respect the reduced verbosity level set via -q.
- ➕ Add --version option to cli
First fully usable release including error handling and help messages.