Nikola v8.1.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-06-27 // about 2 years ago
🚀 On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v8.1.0. This release makes a few feature changes, improvements, and fixes a few bugs.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
🏗 It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
pip install Nikola.
- 👌 Support posts without titles (Issue #3408)
- 👌 Support WebP image scaling (Issue #3399)
- 👉 Use Luxon instead of Moment for fancy dates to make it more lightweight, going from 328k to 68k (Issue #3232)
- 🆕 New
nikola console -s script.pyoption to run scripts that access your site (Issue #3385)
- 👍 Allow preview images to be relative to posts for bootblog4 featured posts
- 🔄 Change the listings formatting to support word wrap with line numbers and improve appearance
- Put the current language’s feed links first so that feed readers prefer it (Issue #3248)
- ➕ Added support for default preview image for posts (Issue #3326)
- ➕ Added support for thumbnails in gallery lists (Issue #1771)
- 👌 Support directory names in
- 🚀 Return a non-zero error code when
- 🐎 Refactored scale_image causing performance increasing in image resizing.
- Don’t force absolute links for brand/languages (Issue #3229)
- 🛠 Fix RTL mirroring in base theme (
:dir()pseudo-class is Firefox only) (Issue #3353)
- ↪ Work around Bootstrap 4 alignment bug for RTL languages (Issue #3353)
- 🖐 Handle multiple level of inherit/import nesting in Mako templates correctly (Issue #3349)
- 🌐 Output a more informative error when files are missing due to broken symlinks or incorrect
- 📦 Avoid installing
testspackage to site-packages, remove it from your environment if it was inadvertently added (Issue #3348)
- Sometimes hyphenation added hyphens at the beginning of words (Issue #3362)
- 🔧 Mark gallery images as "dirty" if EXIF configuration changes (Issue #3357)
- 🛠 Fix regression in gallery titles being "index" if there was a index.txt and no title (Issue #3360)
- 👉 Make gallery indexes depend on destination images to avoid multithreading race condition (Issue #3361)
- Mark gallery thumbnails as lazy loading (Issue #2918)
- Don't consider JPEG images with EXIF thumbnails as animated (Issue #3332)
- 👉 Use correct language for hyphenation in posts that are not translated to all languages (Issue #3377)
- ➕ Added Post.source() method to get a Post's object unprocessed contents.
- ➕ Added Post.save() method to modify Post contents.
- Made is_two_file a property that uses save()