Nikola v8.0.2 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-02-22 // almost 5 years ago
🚀 On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nikola v8.0.2. This is a quality-of-life release with a handful of bug fixes, two new translations and a few extra features.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
🏗 It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
pip install Nikola. (Python 3-only since v8.0.0.)
ARCHIVE_FILENAMEtranslatable (Issue #3234)
- Support configuring Isso via
- 🖐 Handle fragments in doc role (Issue #3212)
- Slugify references in doc role.
- ➕ Add Interlingua translation by Alberto Mardegan
- ➕ Add Afrikaans translation by Friedel Wolff
- 👌 Support for docutils.conf (Issue #3188)
- 👍 Avoid random rebuilds with sites whose locales are not fullly supported, and random rebuilds on multilingual sites using Python 3.4/3.5 (Issue #3216)
- 📇 Apply modifications to
default_metadatabefore copying it to other languages
- 👉 Make Commento comments work (Issue #3198)
- 🍱 Correctly handle separators in the relative path given to "ignored_assets" key in theme meta files (Issue #3210)
- 🛠 Fix error when
nikola new_postreceives directory name as path (Issue #3207)
- ➕ Add slashes to paths with query strings in
nikola serveonly if there isn’t one before
- Read listings files as UTF-8
- 0️⃣ Set one-file status basing on default language only (Issue #3191)
- Don’t warn if post status is set to
publishedexplicitly (Issue #3181)
- ✂ Remove mention of Twitter cards requiring an opt-in. This is not true anymore - anyone can use them.
- fancydates now workwith listdate items (eg. archives)
- bootstrap4 and bootblog4 themes no longer load moment.js when fancydates are off. (Issue #3231)