v2.0.0.rc3June 15, 2020
v2.0.0.rc2April 29, 2020
v2.0.0.rc1December 29, 2019
v1.11.1June 20, 2019
We are pleased to announce Kivy 1.11.0.
Kivy is a full featured framework for creating novel and performant user
🚀 interfaces, such as multitouch applications, released under the MIT license.
🍎 The framework works on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS and Raspberry Pi.
- 🚀 This is the last release to support Python 2.7. The next release will only support Python 3.5+.
- 🚀 This is also the first release with Kivy wheels for Linux (3.5+ only, Windows and macOS already have wheels).
- ⬆️ Windows dependencies are now under the
kivy_deps.xxxnamespace external to Kivy, rather than
kivy.deps.xxxunder Kivy. Whether you're upgrading Kivy, please pin the dependency versions when installing because Kivy binary dependencies are not generally backward compatible [#6312].
kivy.garden.flowernamespace is similarly being transitioned to the
👀 See below for more details.
Downloads and installation instructions are available on the Kivy website:
- [#6324]: We are transitioning the kivy Windows dependencies from the
kivy.deps.xxxnamespace stored under
kivy_deps.xxxnamespace stored under
kivy_deps/xxx. Pip is sometimes not able to distinguish between these two formats, so follow the instructions below.
- If you're not upgrading Kivy, please make sure to pin your
kivy.deps.xxx==x.y.zdependencies to the versions that was on pypi when your Kivy was released so that you don't get newer incompatible dependencies.
- If you're upgrading Kivy, manually uninstall all the
kivy.deps.xxxdependencies because pip will not uninstall them when you're upgrading. Then re-install the
kivy_deps.xxxdependencies as instructed on the Kivy website.
- If you're installing the first time , simply follow the instructions on Kivy's website.
- If you're not upgrading Kivy, please make sure to pin your
🍎 Linux and macOS
🍎 The new Linux wheels (#6248) can be installed with just
pip install kivy, however, just like on macOS it comes without the Gstreamer dependencies so it has no video and minor audio support. For video/audio support, please install ffpyplayer and set
KIVY_VIDEO=ffpyplayerin the environment, or install kivy using an alternative method that provides these dependencies.
- 👀 [#5947]: We have moved from IRC to Discord. However, there's matrix integration if you are unable to use Discord. See https://kivy.org/doc/master/contact.html#discord.
[#6192]: Support for environmental variables that control the config in the form of
KCFG_SECTION_KEYhas been added. E.g. setting
KCFG_KIVY_LOG_LEVEL=warningin the environment is the same as calling
Config.set("kivy", "log_level", "warning")or setting the
kivysection of the config to
warning. Note that underscores are not allowed in the section names.
Any key set this will way will take precedence on the loaded
config.inifile. Support for this can be disabled by setting the enviornmental variable
KIVY_NO_ENV_CONFIG=1and the environment will not be read for configuration options.
[#6257]: A new KV-Python integration event that fires when all the KV rules of the widget has been applied,
on_kv_post, has been added to the
Widgetclass. This event fires for a widget when all the KV rules it participates in has been applied and
idshas been initialized. Binding to this event will let you execute code for your widget without having to schedule the code for the next clock cycle.
Similarly, a new
apply_class_lang_rulesmethod was added to
Widgetthat is called in order to apply the KV rules of that widget class. Inheriting and overwriting that method will give you the oppertunity to execute code before any KV rules are applied.
We are transitioning the Kivy garden flowers from the
kivy.garden.flowernamespace stored under
~/.kivy/gardento the normal python package format
kivy_garden.flowernamespace stored under
kivy_garden/flower. With the new configuration, garden flowers will be
pipinstallable, support cython flowers, and not require the custom garden tool.
We're hoping to transition all flowers to the new format, however, for now many flowers still require installation by the garden tool.
👀 For users, see https://kivy-garden.github.io/index.html#generalusageguidelines. For developers, see https://kivy-garden.github.io/index.html#developmentguidelines for how to start a new flower, and https://kivy-garden.github.io/index.html#guideformigratingflowersfromlegacystructure for how to migrate existing flowers to the new format.
- [#6186]: Live resizing has been added for desktop platforms that use the SDL2 window backend.
🗄 [#6313]: Pygame has been deprecated. We urge users who have been using pygame to try SDL2 and
our other providers. If there are any reasons why Pygame is used instead of SDL2 please let
us know so we can fix them.
🗄 Deprecation warnings have also been added to everything that has been deprecated in the past.
💥 Breaking changes
- [#6095]: Changed the Android version to use
App.user_data_dirfor the configuration and added a missing dot to the config file name.
- [#5340]: Removed DropDown.dismiss in on_touch_down so it is only dismissed in on_touch_up.
- ✅ [#5990, #6169]: We now use pytest to run our tests rather than nose.
- 🚚 [#5968]: Listview and all its associated modules has finally be removed in favor of RecycleView.
- [#5995]: : use Logger.trace to prevent the purge flooding terminal in debug
- 🚚 [#5988]: Removed cache print statements
- [#6333]: Properly chceck that KIVY_NO_ENV_CONFIG is not set to zero.
- [#5919]: Let the Inspector browse into WeakProxy'd widgets
- [#6322]: PermissionError is not defined in py2.
- ✅ [#5821]: Increase timeout/sleep to increase test robustness
- ↪ [#6256]: Set cookie header workaround
- [#6083]: Added the ability to stop (kill) the UrlRequest thread
- [#5964]: Allow setting url agent for async image and urlrequest
- [#6223]: Fix handling None values in DictProperty and ListProperty
- [#6055]: Cache values of AliasProperty where possible
- [#5960]: Fix Cython properties syntax
- ⚡️ [#5856]: Update AliasProperty to cache value only if "cache" argument is set to True
- [#5841]: fix issues with
- ⚡️ [#6230]: Update jsonstore.py
- [#6175]: kivy.utils.rgba function bug fix for python 3 (used to crash)
- 👷 [#6311]: Fix versioning in CI and in kivy.
- 🏗 [#6295]: Add pep8 stage and name builds on travis
- 🏗 [#6250]: Disable wheel building on osx by not watching travis cron status.
- ⚡️ [#6187]: Make travis brew update more reliable
- [#6148]: Fix some travis errors
- 🚚 [#5985]: Remove notification webhook from travis
- ✅ [#5978]: tell travis to use bionic instead of trusty for tests
- ✅ [#5977]: Fix travis flaky test
- [#5973]: try using xcode10 for travis, as we cannot reproduce the imageio issue locally
- [#5934]: Fix repo path in github app config comment
- [#5845]: fix osx wheels
- ⚡️ [#6168]: fix broken update to avfoundation
- 🛠 [#6156]: Adding fixes to support ios camera
- 👍 [#6119]: Add support for opencv 4
- ⚡️ [#6051]: Update camera_android.py; fixes camera for Python 3
- [#6033]: adding division future import to prevent further fps bugs
- [#6032]: ensure floating point math when calculating fps
- [#6027]: Fix 5146
- [#5940]: Set android camera to autofocus
- ⚡️ [#5922]: Updated camera_opencv.py to use reshape(-1) instead of tostring()
- 🛠 [#6178]: Clipboard: fixes for nspaste
- [#6194]: imageio: fix jpg/png saving
- [#6193]: Image: don't force iteration if we reuse the cache
- 🛠 [#6142]: Fixes SDL2 image loading (jpg)
- [#6122]: Allow saving a core Image into BytesIO
- 🏁 [#5822]: AsyncImage test fix for Windows py2.7
- 🏁 [#5951]: Add a warning about support for pyenchant on windows
- [#6270]: Suggest how to fix unable to create playbin error.
- [#6246]: Disabled set_volume() in core.video.ffpyplayer play() function. Fix for #6210
- [#5959]: Issue 5945
- [#6283]: Limit live resize to desktop
- [#6179]: window: fix multiple resize sent, and always sent the GL size, never …
- 🚚 [#6164]: Removed default orientation hints on Android
- [#6138]: Fix android's sensor orientation
- ⚡️ [#6133]: Make top/left of window dispatch events on updates
- 🛠 [#6107]: Fixed fullscreen and orientation handling to work with SDL-2.0.9 on Android
- [#6092]: Fix sdl close inconsistencies. closes #4194
- 🚀 [#6343]: Fix docs for the release
- 🐧 [#6334]: Add docs for linux wheels
- ⚡️ [#6316]: Update doc of AliasProperty
- 🚚 [#6296]: Remove duplicate installation instructions.
- [#6282]: example for adding,
- 📄 [#6217]: add a few kv examples to widget docs
- [#6215]: Added pillow as a required python library
- [#6214]: Grammar tweaks
- ⚡️ [#6204]: Update OSX Install instructions for MakeSymlinks
- [#6199]: Replace "it's" with "its" in several places
- [#6198]: Correct a grammar mistake in two places
- ⚡️ [#6189]: Update docs referring the change from nose tests to pytest
- [#6185]: Raises minimum OSX version for current DMG.
- ⚡️ [#6180]: Updated version no. for SDL building
- ⚡️ [#6159]: Update installation for RPI with notes for latest Raspian issues
- [#6129]: typo in doc comments
- 🚚 [#6124]: Removed doc note about Python 3 on Android being experimental
- [#6069]: : explain mechanics of size property
- [#6061]: Fix rpi instructions
- [#6049]: Lang widgets need to be capitalized
- 📄 [#6047]: fix misspelling in docs
- [#6031]: rewriting of installation instructions
- 📄 [#6023]: Fix docstring example for Vector.rotate
- [#6016]: : Add doc for transform_point
- [#5971]: fix doc generation
- 🙋 [#5953]: FAQ about the "Unable to get Window: abort"
- 🛠 [#5943]: Fixed bounce
- [#5925]: Fix Doc 'Input Management'
- 🍎 [#5912]: OS X to macOS in README
- 🚀 [#5911]: Maintain separate docs for different releases
- 📄 [#5910]: Versioned docs
- 📄 [#5908]: : corrected typo in docs
- 📄 [#5903]: Correct iOS docs, add ref links
- 📄 [#5900]: : fix typo in window docs
- [#5896]: add missing versionadded to pagelayout's anim_kwargs
- [#5895]: add an example for using UrlRequest
- ✅ [#5887]: : Grammar tweaks to test docs
- [#5879]: add instructions for Fedora dependencies
- [#5869]: python basics
- 🛠 [#5858]: Fixed PEP8 in Pong examples
- ⚡️ [#5850]: : Update for Python 3.7
- [#5848]: Document the
dataparameter for add_json_panel()
- 🚀 [#5846]: Maintain separate docs for different releases
- 🚚 [#5840]: : Remove py34 substitutions in nightly lists
- 🏁 [#5839]: Docs: Fix Windows nightly wheel links
- 📦 [#5833]: Docs: Add note about not yet available py3.7 packages
- 🚚 [#5790]: Removed checkbox doc info about colours outside 0-1 range
- 📚 [#5765]: Update documentation for Clock.triggered decorator
- [#6269]: Add ability to specify dash offsets for Line
- [#6267]: actually return value of wrapped gil_dbgGetAttribLocation
- 🛠 [#6247]: Fixes broken lines vertices
- [#6232]: Respect the alpha value when setting rgb.
- [#6112]: declare
- 🏗 [#6026]: Support building against mesa video core drivers.
- ⚡️ [#6003]: : fix invalid offset calculation if attribute is optimized out
- [#6000]: : Prevent enabling vertex attribute that are not in the shader
- [#5999]: : Fixes KIVY_GL_DEBUG=1
- [#5980]: Issue #5956: Fix casts in texture.blit_buffer for ushort and uint types.
- 👍 [#5969]: Fix version number and supports ARGB/BGRA
- [#5957]: Fix matrix transformation for orthographic projection
- [#5952]: Change order of CGL backend to prefer dynamic GL symbol loading
- 👍 [#5907]: Better #4752 fix
- 👍 [#6145]: img_tools.pxi: Support pitch alignment in bgr->rgb conversion
- [#6062]: Activating Open Collective
- [#6286]: Add caps and numlock to the modifiers
- [#6281]: SetWindowLongPtrW ctypes prototype bug
- [#6264]: Fix the ctrl bug in hidinput (Issue #4007)
- [#6153]: MTDMotionEventProvider, set thread name
- [#6152]: HIDInputMotionEventProvider, set thread name
- 🌲 [#6012]: Fix HIDMotionEvent log formatting
- [#5870]: Provider matching for input postproc calibration
- [#5855]: add missing mapping for
- [#5878]: Make kivy.graphics.instructions.Callback available from within Kv lan…
- 📦 [#5982]: Removed kivy.lib.osc from setup.py packages
- 🚚 [#5967]: Since osc is now available through oscpy, remove old crappy oscapi code
- [#6048]: screen: add definition for OnePlus 3t
- [#5928]: Add definition for the HUAWEI MediaPad M3 Lite 10 tablet
- [#6005]: add modules/showborder
- ⚡️ [#6303]: Update license file year.
- [#6341]: Bump cython max version.
- ✅ [#6329]: Add Pyinstaller tests
- [#6310]: Only delete files in kivy, properly detect git.
- 🛠 [#6306]: Fixes for PPA and CI
- 🏗 [#6305]: Re-enable building osx wheels and app
- 🏁 [#6275]: Add windows gst support without pkg-config.
- ✅ [#6268]: Tested with cython 0.29.7
- ⚡️ [#6182]: Update OSX SDL2/Image/Mixer/TTF to latest version
- 📦 [#6165]: Include GStreamer in PyInstaller package
- 🏗 [#6130]: Removed python version specification from buildozer install
- [#6128]: Fix reading description #6127
- [#6054]: Add new "canonical" path for binary Mali driver
- 🐧 [#6046]: Added Arch Linux (ARM)
- [#6008]: Allow to override build date with SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH
- 👍 [#5998]: Change check for Cython to attempt fallback to setuptools on supporte…
- ⚡️ [#5966]: Update with Cython 0.28.5
- 👍 [#5866]: Add support for cross-compiling for the raspberry pi
- [#5834]: Fix missing requirements for Python 3.6 64bit
- 👍 [#5826]: Drop support for py3.3, which is EOL
- [#5820]: automate .app/dmg creatio for both python2 and 3 on osx
- 🔧 [#5793]: Improve Makefile debug configuration
- ⚡️ [#5777]: Update Cython to 0.28.3
- 🔧 [#6043]: Configure Bubble's BackgroundImage's auto scale property
- [#5975]: fix missing touchModeChange renaming to touch_mode_change
- [#5958]: Fix 5783 carousel looping
- ⚡️ [#5837]: carousel - update add_widget with 'canvas' parameter
- [#6317]: Fix checkbox state issues.
- [#6287]: Fix CheckBox Python2 compatibility.
- [#6273]: Fix "Object no attribute active" (Bug introduced via PR #4898)
- ♻️ [#5961]: ColorPicker refactor to prevent multiples event firing
- [#6050]: correction of a malfunctioning with ..\ in Windows platforms (function _generate_file_entries)
- [#6044]: Limited FileChooserProgress text size to widget size
- [#5781]: Add 'on_pre_open' and 'on_pre_dismiss' events to ModalView
- [#5868]: anim_kwargs in PageLayout
- [#5963]: Fix 5913 recycle view steals data
- [#6346]: Make switch_to accept already added screens.
- [#6294]: [ScrollView] Touch is in wrong coordinates
- 🚚 [#6291]: Fix bug in TabbedPanel.remove_widget method
- [#6309]: Fix TextInput shortcuts
- [#6249]: Fix issues #6226 and #6227 in multiline-enabled TextInput
- [#6120]: Corrected textinput key input detection to only use on_textinput
- [#6113]: Made textinput ignore space keydown/keyup for space input
⚡️ The new stable branch is now derived from the 1.11.0 tag. The oldest stable branch has been renamed to stable-1.10.1. If you still want to compile on android with this branch, use "kivy==stable-1.10.1" as requirement. We do not support previous versions, so if things doesn't work anymore due to changes in python-for-android, please take time to update your application.
A big thanks to all of the Contributors, especially those github
👉 usernames mentioned here:
Akshay Arora, Albert Zeyer, Alexander Taylor, Andre Miras, Andres Vargas, Andrew McLeod, Armin Sebastian, Balazs OROSZI, Ben Saylor, Bernhard M. Wiedemann, Cheaterman, Christian Rishøj, Coen de Groot, CristiFati, Dominik Lang, Evstifeev Roman, Farley Lai, Filip Radović, Gabriel Pettier, Girts Folkmanis, GoBig87, Gunnar Strand, Guy Sheffer, Huyston, Jacob Gustafson, JakubBlaha, James Moore, Jess, Jim Morris, Jonas Schröder, Justin Marsh (:flaviusb), Kjetil Andre Liknes, Kristian Sloth Lauszus, Lindström Mathias, Luke Biddle, Mathieu Virbel, Mike Tran, Mirko, Mirko Galimberti, Narcisse Assogba, Peter Badida, Peter Dave Hello, Rafał Kaczor, Robert Niederreiter, Sean O'Donnell, Shai Avraham, Silas Gyger, Skaft, Terje Skjaeveland, Tom Ritchford, Vyacheslav Korneev, Zachary Spector, Zen-CODE, clach04, dolang, e-matteson, el3phanten, erm3nda, gottadiveintopython, jfrancoc, maddyaby, matham, opacam, pythonic64, richard, saqib1707, vchslv13, vmaillol
Hope we mentioned them all.
v1.11.0.rc2May 29, 2019
v1.11.0.rc1May 16, 2019
🛠 This was supposedly a bugfix releases, but a few new features have
managed to get in, aside that, a lot of fixes are included.
- It's now possible to query Window information with the SDL provider.
- 👍 SVG support improvements.
- Export_to_png now preserves widget's alpha.
- It's now possible to define a custom comparison for properties, to
👍 manage dispatching better.
- Layouts' add_widget method now accept the
- 🛠 Fix for infamous SDL window issue on Linux.
disabledproperty of widget now restores the previous value of
disabled of children on unset.
- The tuio implementation now uses the new
oscpylibrary instead of
the bundled oscAPI module, this solves a lot of issues with python3
🐎 and massively increase performances. The old OSC package is still
🚀 shipped, but will be removed in future releases.
- 🐧 On Linux, probesysfs input detection doesn't depend on getconf
anymore, which makes it more portable.
🚀 This is the last release to officially support python 3.3 and 3.4.
🏁 For technical reasons, there is no 3.7 wheels for Windows yet, they will
come soon after our continuous integration infrastructure allows it.
Many thanks to: Peter Badida, Gabriel Pettier, Richard Larkin, Matthew
Einhorn, Mathieu Virbel, Armin Sebastian, germn, Akshay Arora, fruitbat,
Terje Skjaeveland, Alexander Taylor, Joseph Kogut, Zachary Spector,
DavidCaughell, ismailof, Atis, Boyan Hristov, The Cheaterman, Dominik
Lang, Rasmus Pedersen, Pablo Mendoza, Jan Kantert, audryste, parabolize,
0️⃣ Benoit HERVIER, DefaultUser, Emil Milanov, Eugene, GottaDiveIntoPython,
Volker Gaibler, loa-in-, scoder, skall, sugarlata, Adachinski, Alberto
Galera, Alexandre Esse, Andre Miras, Arien Tolner, Ashok Kumar P
(ParokshaX), Charlie Yan, Christophe CHAUVET, David H. Bronke, Dev,
EndilWayfare, Gleapsite, Kristian Sloth Lauszus, Leon Davison, Manthan
Sharma, Nafis Abdullah Khan, Piotr Kasprzyk, Rafał Kaczor, Ray Gomez,
Robert Bradshaw, Robert Niederreiter, Shubham Tatvamasi, Sumit Madhwani,
WillW, William Bernoudy, Yash Jain, brami, hajime, kinkoazc,
mahomahomaho, onnlv, phunsukwangdu, pythonic64, saband, verderten, and
🚀 水戸う納豆斎(Nattōsai Mitō), for their contributions to this release.
👍 The Kivy team plans to drop support for python 2.7 before the end of
🚀 2018, but we hope to make multiple releases before that, as a lot of
🚀 work to streamline our release process was done during this release.
Full listing of changes by section (with pull request id when there was
one, or commit id when it was directly done on master).
⚡️ #4974: Video: update 'loaded' on new video, unload previous video
⚡️ #5053: ffpyplayer video: update frame/position on seek if video paused
#5109: Add textedit event for text editing by IME
🏁 #5187: Fix Windows clipboard when pasting a file
🛠 #5206: Touchscreen fixes
👻 #5220: Redeclare Svg.reload as throwing an exception.
#5222: Fix typo in SVG
#5233: svg improvements
🏁 #5252: Add support for shaped windows
⚡️ #5264: Remove double list copy in Animation._update
🚚 #5265: Remove dead code for SDL2 windowresized event
#5281: Make App.on_config_change an event
👍 #5298: Add support for saving flipped Textures
#5305: img_pygame: Fix loading of binary alpha formats
0️⃣ #5312: ffpyplayer video: disable builtin subtitles by default
👀 #5313: ffpyplayer video: better video seek
#5324: window_sdl2: Fix memory leak in screenshot
#5325: text_sdl2: Fix very unlikely memory leak
🏗 #5328: Fix build with cython 0.26
0️⃣ #5355: handle_exception defaults to RAISE, not STOP
#5362: Raspbian stretch egl library fix
#5377: Let dpi formatting exceptions in kv propagate out from cython.
✅ #5382: Fix Json+DictStore not raising error for non-existing folder + unittest
#5387: _text_sdl2.pyx: Don't clear pixel memory twice
#5389: Don t drop SDL_Dropfile event while in pause #5388
📜 #5393: Forward kwargs to config parser.
#5396: Actually display multitouch emulation if sim set to True.
#5421: Fix host/port handling in UrlRequest
#5423: Add probesysfs option to include devices that offer core pointer functionality
⚠ #5435: Changed Logger.error to Logger.warning on android import
🔊 #5437: Purge KV lang TRACE logs on demand with environment variable
⚡️ #5459: audio_sdl2: Update for mixer v2.0.2 support
🛠 #5461: Monkey patch PIL frombytes & tobytes, fixes #5460
#5470: Added 'frag_modelview_mat' uniform to address #180
#5535: Fix FileNotFoundError when sys path doesn't exist
#5539: Window info
⚡️ #5555: python3 package of Pillow needs a updated Import
🛠 #5556: Fixed loading fonts with dot in name, fixed spelling in Russisn examle
#5576: window_x11: implement get_window_info()
#5577: window_x11: fix python3 TypeError
#5579: Fix Ctypes Clipboard error with embeded null character
#5593: Fix float division by zero
👻 #5612: raise exception when trying to add Widget with a parent to Window
#5621: do not use the clock in dealloc to prevent deadlock
⚡️ #5624: Update LICENSE
🛠 #5664: Fixes renderbuffer leaking when creating Fbo
#5693: PiCamera-based camera provider for Raspberry Pi
🛠 #5703: Fixed format string mistake in Error Message
#5705: Check for activation before attaching to window. references #5645
#5716: Replace vendored lib/OSC and lib/oscAPI with oscpy.
⚡️ #5778: Update extensions for ImageLoaderPIL
⚡️ fc2c382: Update properties.pxd
5bf0ff0: Properties: Allow custom comparator.
cf7b55c: change opengl ids to unsigned ints
87897c4: Add on_textedit event to SDL2 Window (#5597)
4d9f19d: Expose "absolute" options in HIDInputMotionEventProvider class
ae3665c: camera: fix all export
53c2b4d: picamera: fix for python2. Closes #5698
d175cf8: Fix Inspector crash if shaped window is disabled
4deb360: Add sdl2 system cursors (#5308)
f5161a2: Clean hanging code (#5232)
b7906e7: Fix py2/py3 iteritems (#5194)
5961169: add versionadded tag for KIVY_BCM_DISPMANX_LAYER
🛠 ebeb6c4: cache.py bug fixes (#5107)
🚚 b4ab896: input: probesysfs: remove getconf dependency
58b9685: @triggered: add cancel method
✅ f8194bb: Add test units to ClockTestCase
0️⃣ dafc07c: @triggered: Set default timeout=0
061891c: Add decorator for Clock.create_trigger()
1c855eb: on_joy_ball is called with 2 position valuesc
🐧 1a20a3a: Prioritize XClip for clipboard on Linux
🚚 #4905: Removed textinput cursor bug #3237
👍 #5167: Add support for RST replace
abs_tolargument to isclose call to ensure no float edge cases
#5212: fix #5184: ScrollView bar_margin affects also touch position
👍 #5218: Add support for footnotes to RST
#5243: Fix for crash when setting is_focusable property in issue #5242
#5255: Fix race condition in AsyncImage
#5260: Disable emacs bindings for Alt-Gr (Ctrl+Alt) key
#5263: Avoid Animation.cancel_all(Window) that interfers with user animations
#5268: Fix crash when instantiating ActionView(use_separator=True)
👻 #5335: issue #5333 - actionbar throws exception when resized
#5339: Rewrite ActionGroup from Spinner to Button+DropDown
#5370: Fix all ScreenManagers sharing the same transition
#5379: Allow negative values in textinput with filters.
#5413: Don't pass touch to children when outside the ScrollView.
#5418: Add text_validate_unfocus option to TextInput
#5445: Resize treeview collapse. closes #5426
#5455: Add TextInput cursor blinking control
#5472: export widget canvas to png including alpha values
#5484: DragBehavior: Transform window coordinates to parent coordinates befo…
0️⃣ #5567: EffectWidget: Correct typo 'setdefaults' to 'setdefault'
#5641: Fix LabelBase.register() to behave as documented
#5715: Let Layout.add_widget use the
#5748: Add canvas argument to FloatLayout.add_widget
#5764: Fix #5761 AsyncImage reload() doesn't invalidate Loader Cache
🛠 #5632: Fixes #5632, typo of col instead of row.
🚑 9a8603d: hotfix: Stop AccordionItem collapse animation
a432e0d: Let BoxLayout.add_widget use the
37ccbfa: pass an empty list for "buttons" param to create_touch
🚚 8da2272: Remove ineffective changes
2faa6a9: doc: Added default value to Scatter 'do_collide_after_children' property
faa03f7: Gridlayout min size bounds check (#5278)
27e3b90: Fix touch passing down when overlapping TextInputs (#5189)
5e2b718: Fix image size and comment handling in RST (#5197)
b505b1d: Add on_load to AsyncImage (#5195)
873427d: Add Slider.sensitivity (#5145)
🗄 d06ea4d: Deprecate the Widget's id property
✅ #5226: Add test for ScrollView bars
#5282: Add test for _init_rows_cols_sizes
✅ #5346: Add unittest for ActionBar
✅ #5368: Unittesting features
✅ #5372: test_video.py: Fix misleading class name
✅ #5374: Fix creating 'results' folder in GraphicUnitTest if not making screenshots
✅ #5378: Add test for Inspector module, fix children order for ModalView
✅ #5381: Add test for KV event/property + trailing space
✅ #5399: Add unittest for Mouse multitouch simulator
✅ #5433: Add simple guide for GraphicUnitTest
✅ #5446: Add unittest for AsyncImage + remote .zip sequence
✅ #5489: Add unittest for TextInput selection overwrite
✅ #5607: Add unittest for Vector.segment_intersection floatingpoint error
6b93d8a: Fix unicode error
✅ c9ecb40: Add test for RST replace
🏁 #5170: Fix typo in installation/windows.rst
#5177: Fix comments for paste in textinput.py
🚚 #5221: Docs: Link methods, remove empty title
#5227: Add gstreamer to ubuntu install
#5240: Settings in example are faulty
🐧 #5270: doc: add missing escape characters into Linux installation instructions
📄 #5307: Docs: Explain handling Popup in KV
📄 #5330: Docs: Rewrite system cursor
#5424: Add notice about Kivy.app not being available for download
⚡️ #5439: OSX Install Instruction Update - Cython explicit version
📄 #5458: Add docs for setting Window.shape_mode
#5518: less renaming
📚 #5520: Documentation consistency
#5521: redundant 'as'
📄 #5559: Docs: Add note about MemoryError for kivy.deps.gstreamer
📚 #5600: Fixed one letter documentation typo (in example)
📄 #5626: Fix typo in docs.
⚠ #5695: Docs: Add warning about using Texture before application start
🚚 12487a2: Remove tree; doesn't look good with website CSS
🏁 bb07d95: Clarify Windows alternate location installation
📜 d6d8a24: Doc: Fix parsed literal block in installation docs
📄 4d4ee41: Doc: added 18.04 to dev install docs
🛠 5f6c66e: Doc: Fixed typo in animation.py
285162b: Kivy is available on Macports directly
📄 94d623f: Doc: changed disabled state docs for widget to more standard form
📄 e029bed: Doc: tweak to uix/spinner.py docs
86b6e19: Doc: tweaks to cython version installation instructions
🚚 ef745c2: Doc: remove specifying cython version, list working cython vs. kivy versions. references #5674
0ccd8cc: Doc: tweaks to modules/console.py
90448cb: Doc: revisions to modules/console.py
🏗 73f9935: Doc: added explanation for Builder.unload filename parameter
67fb972: Doc: refinements to actionbar.py
📄 96252c9: Doc: refinements to actionbar docs
⚡️ 917a1b4: Update installation-osx.rst
a3251fd: Doc: clarified angle offering for python 3.5+
📄 0fbac3b: Doc: tweaks to actionbar docs
📄 0ec9530: Doc: additions to ActionBar docs
📚 1aa4315: Fix stencil's documentation
📄 51d1725: Doc: corrected typo in recycleview layout docs
6af68c4: Doc: Added link to toggle button image
📄 e7d1713: Doc: Added togglebutton image to docs
0ea6e95: Doc: Added 16.04 dependencies listing
⚡️ 0cc3a98: Update debian installation doc
🚚 22aa73f: Docs: Remove "-dev" version in versionchanged
📄 c07f971: Docs: Fetch cython version from setup.py (#5302)
2ad58a9: Doc: cleanup, added doc strign for RecycleLayout to make linkable
📄 493a4a9: Doc: tweaks to the recycleview docs
114c1a0: Doc: Grammer tweaks to /doc/sources/guide/graphics.rst and kivy/core/window/ init.py
3d24362: Doc: petty grammar tweaks to kicy/core/window/ init.py
7cdf9b3: Doc: corrected the kkivy/core/window/keyboard_anim_args docs to more accurately reflect defaults
🚚 c5eb879: Docs: removed the 'None' default value as it is actualy ''
c090c63: Doc: corrected path for AliasProperty in RecycleViewBehavior
24647bd: Doc: added heirarchical namespacing to treeview items
📄 6f0639a: Docs: Fix note indentation after code block
7daea78: Doc: added description of rotation property value for kivy.uix.scatter
ac0d28f: Reorder osx packaging methods
19d9d9d: Doc: tweaks to grammar for RoundedRectangle graphics instruction
cdee22e: Doc: tweaks to grammar for RoundedRectangle graphics instruction
c6b2fe3: Fix nightly links.
📚 242beb3: Update android virtual machine documentation
🗄 fa1e0b2: Deprecate the vm.
🚚 bd392ab: Remove vm link.
a6ee760: Add info about kivy_examples.
97f3096: Doc: remove leftover USE_OSX_FRAMEWORKS env var
b4ce256: doc: setting KIVY_OSX_FRAMEWORKS=0 during installation is not needed anymore
🍎 e5126af: doc: use latest Cython version for macOS and do not force reinstallation
🏁 bd98d81: docs: remove warning about unavailable wheels on Windows
📄 f1b412d: Docs: Fix examples PPA command; Cython for v1.10.0
📄 333f158: Doc: Fix Mesh docstring (#5806)
⚡️ #5026: Update Twisted Framework Example to Py3
#5173: Fix shapecollisions example for py2
#5486: Rotate monkey head smoothly
⚡️ #5487: Update codeinput.kv
⚡️ #5564: Update basic.rst
📄 #5611: typo fix in docs example
e658c65: Fix animation transition around the unit circle in Android compass example
⚡️ 4de0599: Update joystick example
#4984: Allow changing kivy dispmanx layer in the Raspberry Pi
#5285: fix install_twisted_reactor for python3 (_threadedselect is now inclu…
🛠 #5350: tools/kviewer: Fixed it working on python3
#5525: Switch to manual KV trace purging
#5763: Add kivy/core/window/window_info.c to .gitignore
⚡️ 98e9442: Updated copyright year in doc index
🛠 b39c84b: pep8 fixes
8143c6b: Add -- to separate Atlas module options
📚 d054d56: Add -- to --use-path option in documentation
38ed32f: Create CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
⚡️ fa01246: long overdue update to the kv syntax highlight for vim
#5366: Fix 'git' not found in setup.py
#5392: Fix setup.py under python2
👍 #5466: Introduce no support for Cython 0.27 - 0.27.2
#5584: Added Python 3.6 to setup.py categories
📦 #5627: Add setupconfig.py to packagedata
⚡️ #5747: Updated minimum cython version
📦 10530bb: Added missing comma in package_data list
f66f340: setup: fix error about gl_mock that doesn't exist anymore
d462a70: setup: fix cython rebuilding all graphics even if it has been already done. Closes #4849
aaca07b: Fix missing kivy.tools in setup.py (#5230)
#5229: Appveyor: switch DO_WHEELS to True
🛠 #5406: Fixes for Cython 0.27
🏗 d5e0ccc: comment out failing mingw appveyor builds
🏗 71cbd4c: fixes for osx builders in travis
✅ 55200ee: workaround to make inspector tests pass without blocking window
002e46f: travis.yml: add semi-colon
f169386: travis.yml: add sudo to easy_install
9f71b38: travis.yml: try easy_install pip to fix missing command error
bae09d9: travis.yml: Make TRAVIS_OS_NAME detection consistent
✅ 94db03e: Prevented warnings for repeated loading for travis Inspector test cases
🏗 61e05c1: Fix travis build error in inpector.py, line 382
🏗 cd592c1: Fixed Pep8 violations (fix travis build 3676 moans)
🚚 a736f28: Remove fixed version of cython from .travis.yml
🚚 87ae214: Removed outdated line from .travis.yml
🏗 30fd00f: Restore cython=-=0.26.1 for appveyor builds
⬇️ 5c4b8ed: Downgrade Cython to 0.26.1 for builds
484b2f7: Upload wheels directly to server (#5175)
e2c3094: travis.yml add back missing ";"
🏗 2fc9cf5: add back pip installation in osx travis build
7f5d9a4: use travis_retry for coveralls, in case it fails randomly
🏗 e12d216: fix again osx travis build (pip command not found)
⚡️ 3d41f1d: Update .travis.yml
642e029: Add docutils to Travis deps
🐧 ce6d54e: Add wheel generation support for osx and Linux.
36e029a: Upload sdist and examples.
🏗 2e400aa: Quote filenames [build wheel]
🏗 04bfcff: Give better wheel upload path [build wheel win]
🏗 8167ff4: Fix wheel building on all platforms (#5812)