- Keyring 0.9.1 introduced a whole different storage format for the CryptedFileKeyring, but this introduced some potential compatibility issues. This release incorporates the security updates but reverts to the INI file format for storage, only encrypting the passwords and leaving the service and usernames in plaintext. Subsequent releases may incorporate a new keyring to implement a whole-file encrypted version. Fixes #64.
- The CryptedFileKeyring now requires simplejson for Python 2.5 clients.
- 🛠 Fix for issue where SecretServiceBackend.set_password would raise a UnicodeError on Python 3 or when a unicode password was provided on Python 2.
- CryptedFileKeyring now uses PBKDF2 to derive the key from the user's password and a random hash. The IV is chosen randomly as well. All the stored passwords are encrypted at once. Any keyrings using the old format will be automatically converted to the new format (but will no longer be compatible with 0.9 and earlier). The user's password is no longer limited to 32 characters. PyCrypto 2.5 or greater is now required for this keyring.
- ➕ Add support for GTK 3 and secret service D-Bus. Fixes #52.
- Issue #60 - Use correct method for decoding.
- 🛠 Fix regression in keyring lib on Windows XP where the LOCALAPPDATA environment variable is not present.
- 🔒 Mac OS X keyring backend now uses subprocess calls to the
securitycommand instead of calling the API, which with the latest updates, no longer allows Python to invoke from a virtualenv. Fixes issue #13.
- When using file-based storage, the keyring files are no longer stored
in the user's home directory, but are instead stored in platform-friendly
%localappdata%\Python Keyringon Windows and according to the freedesktop.org Base Dir Specification (
$HOME/.local/share/python_keyring) on other operating systems). This fixes #21.
Backward Compatibility Notice
Due to the new storage location for file-based keyrings, keyring 0.8 👌 supports backward compatibility by automatically moving the password ⚡️ files to the updated location. In general, users can upgrade to 0.8 and continue to operate normally. Any applications that customize the storage location or make assumptions about the storage location will need to take ⬆️ this change into consideration. Additionally, after upgrading to 0.8, ⬇️ it is not possible to downgrade to 0.7 without manually moving 🔧 configuration files. In 1.0, the backward compatibility 🚚 will be removed.
- ✂ Removed non-ASCII characters from README and CHANGES docs (required by distutils if we're to include them in the long_description). Fixes #55.
- ✅ Python 3 is now supported. All tests now pass under Python 3.2 on Windows and Linux (although Linux backend support is limited). Fixes #28.
- 🏁 Extension modules on Mac and Windows replaced by pure-Python ctypes implementations. Thanks to Jerome Laheurte.
- 🛠 WinVaultKeyring now supports multiple passwords for the same service. Fixes #47.
- ✅ Most of the tests don't require user interaction anymore.
- Entries stored in Gnome Keyring appears now with a meaningful name if you try to browser your keyring (for ex. with Seahorse)
- ✅ Tests from Gnome Keyring no longer pollute the user own keyring.
keyring.util.escapenow accepts only unicode strings. Don't try to encode strings passed to it.
- 🛠 fix compiling on OSX with XCode 4.0
Gnome keyring should not be used if there is no DISPLAY or if the dbus is not around (https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpadlib/+bug/752282).
keyring.httpfor facilitating HTTP Auth using keyring.
➕ Add a utility to access the keyring from the command line.
✂ Remove a spurious KDE debug message when using KWallet
🛠 Fix a bug that caused an exception if the user canceled the KWallet dialog (https://bitbucket.org/kang/python-keyring-lib/issue/37/user-canceling-of-kde-wallet-dialogs).
Now using the existing Gnome and KDE python libs instead of custom C++ code.
Using the getpass module instead of custom code
- 🛠 Fixed the setup script (some subdirs were not included in the release.)
🛠 Fixed keyring.core when the user doesn't have a cfg, or is not properly configured.
🛠 Fixed escaping issues for usernames with non-ascii characters
➕ Add support for Python 2.4+ http://bitbucket.org/kang/python-keyring-lib/issue/2
🛠 Fix the bug in KDE Kwallet extension compiling http://bitbucket.org/kang/python-keyring-lib/issue/3