jsonschema v4.0.0 Release Notes
- 👌 Support for Draft 2020-12 (as well as 2019-09). Big thanks to Thomas Schmidt and Harald Nezbeda.
0are now properly considered non-equal even recursively within a container (#686). As part of this change,
uniqueItemsvalidation may be slower in some cases. Please feel free to report any significant performance regressions, though in some cases they may be difficult to address given the specification requirement.
- 👍 The CLI has been improved, and in particular now supports a
prettyarguments) to control the output format. Future work may add additional machine-parsable output formats.
- 0️⃣ Code surrounding
DEFAULT_TYPESand the legacy mechanism for specifying types to validators have been removed, as per the deprecation policy. Validators should use the
TypeCheckerobject to customize the set of Python types corresponding to JSON Schema types.
- Validation errors now have a
json_pathattribute, describing their location in JSON path format
- 👌 Support for the IP address and domain name formats has been improved
- 👌 Support for Python 2 has been dropped, with
multipleOfcould overflow when given sufficiently large numbers. Now, when an overflow occurs,
jsonschemawill fall back to using fraction division (#746).