Avg Release Cycle
26 days ago
5.5.1 September 4, 2020
- 🛠 Fixed #1454: Ensure indented import sections with import heading and a preceding comment don't cause import sorting loops.
- 🛠 Fixed #1453: isort error when float to top on almost empty file.
- 🛠 Fixed #1456 and #1415: noqa comment moved to where flake8 cant see it.
- 🛠 Fixed #1460: .svn missing from default ignore list.
5.5.0 September 3, 2020
- 🛠 Fixed #1398: isort: off comment doesn't work, if it's the top comment in the file.
- Fixed #1395: reverse_relative setting doesn't have any effect when combined with force_sort_within_sections.
- 🛠 Fixed #1399: --skip can error in the case of projects that contain recursive symlinks.
- 🆕 Fixed #1389: ensure_newline_before_comments doesn't work if comment is at top of section and sections don't have lines between them.
- 🛠 Fixed #1396: comments in imports with ";" can keep isort from recognizing import line.
- 🛠 Fixed #1380: As imports removed when
- 🛠 Fixed #1382: --float-to-top has no effect if no import is already at the top.
- 🛠 Fixed #1420: isort never settles on module docstring + add import.
- 🛠 Fixed #1421: Error raised when repo contains circular symlinks.
- 🛠 Fixed #1427: noqa comment is moved from star import to constant import.
- 🛠 Fixed #1444 & 1445: Incorrect placement of import additions.
- 🛠 Fixed #1447: isort5 throws error when stdin used on Windows with deprecated args.
- 👍 Implemented #1397: Added support for specifying config file when using git hook (thanks @diseraluca!).
- 👍 Implemented #1405: Added support for coloring diff output.
- Implemented #1434: New multi-line grid mode without parentheses.
Goal Zero (Tickets related to aspirational goal of achieving 0 regressions for remaining 5.0.0 lifespan):
- ✅ Implemented #1392: Extensive profile testing.
- ✅ Implemented #1393: Proprety based testing applied to code snippets.
- ✅ Implemented #1391: Create automated integration test that includes full code base of largest OpenSource isort users.
Potentially breaking changes:
- 🛠 Fixed #1429: --check doesn't print to stderr as the documentation says. This means if you were looking for
ERROR:messages for files that contain incorrect imports within stdout you will now need to look in stderr.
🚑 5.3.2 [Hotfix] Aug 7, 2020
- 🛠 Fixed incorrect warning code (W503->W0503).