csvkit v1.0.5 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-03-02 // over 1 year ago
- ⬇️ Dropped Python 3.4 support (end-of-life was March 18, 2019).
- Output error message for memory error even if not :code:
- 🛠 Fix regression in 1.0.4, which caused numbers like
4.5to be parsed as dates.
/scripts/in2csvFix error reporting if :code:
--namesused with non-Excel file.
Previous changes from v1.0.4
- ⬇️ Dropped Python 3.3 support (end-of-life was September 29, 2017).
/scripts/csvsqladds a :code:
--chunk-sizeoption to set the chunk size when batch inserting into a table.
- ✅ csvkit is now tested against Python 3.7.
--namesworks with :code:
- 📜 Dates and datetimes without punctuation can be parsed with :code:
- Error messages about column indices use 1-based numbering unless :code:
/scripts/csvcutno longer errors on :code:
--delete-empty-rowswith short rows.
/scripts/csvjoinno longer errors if given a single file.
- ⚡️ :doc:
/scripts/csvsqlsupports UPDATE commands.
/scripts/csvstatno longer errors on non-finite numbers.
/scripts/csvstatrespects all command-line arguments when :code:
/scripts/in2csvCSV-to-CSV conversion respects :code:
/scripts/in2csvwrites XLS sheets without encoding errors in Python 2.