cookiecutter v1.1.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2015-09-26 // over 4 years ago
🚀 The primary goal of this release was to add copy without render and a few additional command-line options such as
- ➕ Added copy without
🔋 feature, making it much easier for developers of Ansible, Salt
Stack, and other recipe-based tools to work with Cookiecutter.
Thanks to @osantana and
@LucianU for their innovation, as well
🏁 as @hackebrot for fixing the Windows
problems (#132, #184, #425).
- ➕ Added specify output directory, thanks to @tony and
@hackebrot (#531, #452),
- Abort template rendering if the project output directory already
exists, thanks to @lgp171188 (#470,
- ➕ Add a flag to overwrite existing output directory, thanks to
@lgp171188 for the implementation
(#495) and @schacki,
@hackebrot for submitting issues and
code reviews (#475, #493).
- ✂ Remove test command in favor of tox, thanks to
- 👍 Allow cookiecutter invocation, even without installing it, via
python -m cookiecutter.cli, thanks to
@hackebrot (#449, #487).
- 👌 Improve the type detection handler for online and offline
repositories, thanks to @charlax
- ➕ Add replay feature, thanks to
- Be more precise when raising an error for an invalid user config
file, thanks to @vaab and
@hackebrot (#378, #528).
- ➕ Added official Python 3.5 support, thanks to
- ⚡️ Updated click requirement to < 6.0, thanks to
- ➕ Added landscape.io flair, thanks to
- Descriptions of PEP8 specifications and milestone management, thanks
to @michaeljoseph (#440).
- ➕ Added alternate installation options in the documentation, thanks to
@pydanny (#117, #315).
- ✅ The test of the which() function now tests against the date command,
thanks to @vincentbernat (#446)
- Ensure file handles in setup.py are closed using with statement,
thanks to @svisser (#280).
- ✂ Removed deprecated and fully extraneous compat.is_exe() function,
thanks to @hackebrot (#485).
- Disabled sudo in .travis, thanks to
- Switched to shields.io for problematic badges, thanks to
- ➕ Added whichcraft and removed
compat.which(), thanks to
- 🔄 Changed to export tox environment variables to codecov, thanks to
- 🚚 Moved to using click version command, thanks to
- Don't use unicode_literals to please click, thanks to
- Remove warning for Python 2.6 from init.py, thanks to
- ✂ Removed compat.py module, thanks to
- ➕ Added future to requirements, thanks to
- 🛠 Fixed problem where expanduser does not resolve "~" correctly on
🏁 windows 10 using tox, thanks to
- ➕ Added more cookiecutter templates to the mix:
by @luismartingil (#307)
- ✅ cookiecutter-pytest-plugin
✅ by @pytest-dev and
by @SandyChapman (#460)
by @JackStouffer (#457)
by @fulfilio (#465)
by @vintasoftware (#496)
- 🔌 cookiecutter-sublime-text-3-plugin
by @kkujawinski (#500)
by @drgarcia1986 (#494)
by @agconti (#520)
by @agconti (#521)
by @christabor (#516)
by @torchbox (#533)
- ➕ Added copy without