cookiecutter v0.7.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2013-11-09 // about 8 years ago
🚀 This is a release with significant improvements and changes. Please read through this list before you upgrade.
🆕 New features:
- 👌 Support for --checkout argument, thanks to @foobacca.
- 👌 Support for pre-generate and post-generate hooks, thanks to @raphigaziano. Hooks are Python or shell scripts that run before and/or after your project is generated.
- 👌 Support for absolute paths to cookiecutters, thanks to @krallin.
- 👌 Support for Mercurial version control system, thanks to @pokoli.
- 👍 When a cookiecutter contains invalid Jinja2 syntax, you get a better message that shows the location of the TemplateSyntaxError. Thanks to @benjixx.
- 0️⃣ Can now prompt the user to enter values during generation from a local cookiecutter, thanks to @ThomasChiroux. This is now always the default behavior. Prompts can also be suppressed with
- 🏁 Your cloned cookiecutters are stored by default in your ~/.cookiecutters/ directory (or Windows equivalent). The location is configurable. (This is a major change from the pre-0.7.0 behavior, where cloned cookiecutters were deleted at the end of project generation.) Thanks @raphigaziano.
- 0️⃣ User config in a ~/.cookiecutterrc file, thanks to @raphigaziano. Configurable settings are cookiecutters_dir and default_context.
- File permissions are now preserved during project generation, thanks to @benjixx.
🐛 Bug fixes:
- 🛠 Unicode issues with prompts and answers are fixed, thanks to @s-m-i-t-a.
- 🏁 The test suite now runs on Windows, which was a major effort. Thanks to @pydanny, who collaborated on this with me.
- ♻️ Quite a bit of refactoring and API changes.
- 📚 Lots of documentation improvements. Thanks @sloria, @alex, @pydanny, @freakboy3742, @es128, @rolo.
- 👍 Better naming and organization of test suite.
- ✅ A CookiecutterCleanSystemTestCase to use for unit tests affected by the user\'s config and cookiecutters directory.
- 👌 Improvements to the project\'s Makefile.
- 👌 Improvements to tests. Thanks @gperetin, @s-m-i-t-a.
- Removal of subprocess32 dependency. Now using non-context manager version of subprocess.Popen for Python 2 compatibility.
- Removal of cookiecutter\'s cleanup module.
- A bit of setup.py cleanup, thanks to @oubiga.
- Now depends on binaryornot 0.2.0.