Charset Normalizer v1.4.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-05-21 // 8 months ago
- 📦 Using standard logging instead of using the package loguru.
- ⬇️ Dropping nose test framework in favor of the maintained pytest.
- 📦 Choose to not use dragonmapper package to help with gibberish Chinese/CJK text.
- Require cached_property only for Python 3.5 due to constraint. Dropping for every other interpreter version.
- 👍 Stop support for UTF-7 that does not contain a SIG.
- ⬇️ Dropping PrettyTable, replaced with pure JSON output in CLI.
- BOM marker in a CharsetNormalizerMatch instance could be False in rare cases even if obviously present. Due to the sub-match factoring process.
- Not searching properly for the BOM when trying utf32/16 parent codec.
- 📦 Improving the package final size by compressing frequencies.json.
- 🛰 Huge improvement over the larges payload.
- CLI now produces JSON consumable output.
- Return ASCII if given sequences fit. Given reasonable confidence.